9. Alice

"We're not free in what we do because we're not free in what we want. We can't overcome what's deep within us."

I closed my eyes feeling the cold wind brush against my face, it's calming, and taking a breath here isn't hard as it was in that room. "Alice?" I opened my eyes and shifted my gaze to that voice. "Here..." she whispered and handed me the juice. I nodded a little and took the glass with my fine hand. She nodded a little and backs off. I sigh and look straight again, rolling up my eyes I saw the clouds. To find the real meaning of freedom, the clouds. They roam around the whole sky, just being themselves. They are tense about nothing, no worries have occur them. I want to be them, one of the clouds in the sky.

"Alice...?" Again a voice came from my back and it was a guy, I can recognize whose voice it this, to whom this voice belongs. The last guy, no maybe the second least guy I ever want to see. I scoffed to not get in his attention. "Do you feel any good by now?" I gulp and grin at the glass a little tighter to hold back my anger and pain inside my emotionless face. Just trying to stop the fighting of my emotions and thoughts inside me. "No." I just want to answer it shortly, I am not a single percent interested to hear him more, but God is not good to me. "Do you need something to eat?" He said, his voice came low by the end of the sentence but still sound louder as he came in front of me.

"You are bipolar... more evilly bipolar." I stare into his eyes, he slowly bends down and rests his both hand on my lap and my eyes travels down as he bends, still fixed in his eyes. "I just couldn't help you at that time." I am just staring at his face, he have a cut down on his cheek, I scoffed and looked down at my lap but saw his hands, his knuckles, they have horrible marks and bruises and cuts. I look up at him, is it all because of me or is it all happening cause of something else? They seem to be in some criminal line, so I just could not think it was because of me. "I punished myself." I closed my eyes sighing, why? I didn't even ask, but he read my eyes like it was just some open book. I wasn't expecting this, but I wasn't expecting less. "I punished myself 'cause I didn't help you." Again a big sigh left and I finally look at him.

"You could have just saved me at that time, so this moment would have never come." I whispered, I can't speak more louder than this. He just comes to me every time Daniel is out. "You are like him Den." Looking away to not feel weak. "Not more than him but also not less than him, you thought of smiling while I was getting beaten up, you could just have at least said something but you didn't. You choose to enjoy the drama." Tears filled in my eyes, remembering the unforgettable memory, I had a week ago. "Alice, I will do everything which will make you forget that memory." I throw the juice in the glass. "Stay away!" I shouted with all energy I can. He closed his eyes as soon as the juice spilled on his face.

I gulp when a hard metal touch on my head. "Back off!" Den roared, he opened his eyes and run his palm on his face, up to down wiping the juice liquid off his face. Soon the hard metal feel is no longer there. Maybe the man try to kill me cause I threw juice on Den. I scoffed. I turn my head a little and look a little far from me and Den, at Rose who standing there while her head is hanging low. I press the small alarm on my wheelchair. She looked at me as the noise of an alarm rang. She walked closer to us, "I want to go in." I said before she could ask, she nodded and held the wheelchair's handle from the back. I look at Den before she started to drag the wheelchair to the palace back, my prison.

"You want to eat something?" I shook my head slowly, I look down at my leg which have a blue cover on the plaster. "You will be fine soon." I smiled. "After dying," I whispered to add to her sentence. I can only be fine after I die, cause I know Daniel will make my life hell. And Den will make sure to give me a pure trauma, I looked at my lap again. My head is still thinking about the earlier words of Den. I want to trust him, but even if he is saying the truth then he should have saved me that day rather than smiling. "Leave her there!" I look up at him, he's again here even after what happened. Soon Rose lose her grip on the handle of the Wheelchair. She walked out from there, leaving me alone with him. He walks to me, his eyes are glued to me.

"Baby, I can be more dangerous than Daniel ever had shown." His whisper rang in my ear slowly, he maintain his distance from me and his voice as well. That sounds very low. I looked down and then again into his eyes. He holds the wheelchair's handle and starts to drag it inside the room. I stayed kept silent, he looks so furious. His actions his face everything is scaring me. This is fear, the first time after someone Daniel scared me this bad. I have never seen Den this furious, he wasn't even here too tho. He was at some work or somewhere I don't know, but he came back today.

My trance of thoughts just broke when the room door closed, with a very low sound. I travel my eyes back and saw him as he slowly walks in front of me, and my eyes move as he walks. He kicked the wheelchair from its wheel, the wheelchair hit the door jolting my body, a groan left my body because the old wounds still hasn't healed yet. I closed my eyes to endure the pain, he again grab my jaw earning a low painful moan. "Please... I am already too broken to get hurt again." I whispered, opening my eyes to only find his eyes which are staring into my eyes. That seems red yet calm. Did I calm him? "I am not that strong enough to break you." He whispered very lowly and softly, his deep voice sounds very soft. "You are too beautiful to get broken." He again added on, I chuckled and a tear fall down. "But people mostly break the beautiful things." I took a deep breath. "They pick out the beautiful flower. And you know what already, when a flower is picked out from the plant it dies. So... will I." I whispered deeply.