“Yes, that makes sense.” Riddle nodded. 

Ace sighed “I can’t believe we got roped into cleathing up and prepping the garden again.” 

“Well, at least the housewarden recovered from his overblot without any complications.” Deuce spoke to Ace. 

“And the garden is Magicam-worthy once again! Hashtag #nofilter on this gorgerousness!” Cater gushed, “blah blah blah! Let’s just eat already!” Grim was jumping up and down in my lap, watching the desserts.

“Grim, be patient!” I help Grim still in my lap.  

“Then eat we shall! I’ll get the—” Cater was cut off my Riddle “wait a minute! There’s a white rose…!” Riddle pointed at a white rose with a serious face. 

Everyone stiffened up “we missed one?!” Ace whispered “Ace, Deuce, I told you to make sure to paint EVERY rose!” Cater whispered to them with fear. “Wait, this is our fault?!” Deuce snapped around. 

“R-Riddle, listen…” Trey stammered.

“Please, try to understand! It was a mistake!” I pleaded. 

Riddle chuckled “well… I suppose I can overlook one or two missed roses.” 

“R-really?! That’s so generous of you, Riddle!” Cater sighed a breath of relief. 

“If we work together, we should be able to get them painted in no time.” Riddle stood up. 

“What? They still gotta be painted?!” Ace groaned. 

“Even so… I’m impressed. You’ve changed, Riddle.” Trey smiled brightly at Riddle. 

“I’m starvin’ here! Let’s just get these stupid roses painted or whatever!” Grim whined. 

“All right, is everyone ready?” Riddle smiled 

“When’s the last time you did the painting, Riddle?” Trey asked Riddle, as they walked over to a bush with a couple white roses. “Hard to say. I’ve let the dorm members handle it since I became housewarden.” Riddle answered. 

“It’s kinda fun once in a while. Well, less so with a bunch of clueless freshmen.” Cater remarked towards Ace and Deuce. 

“Hey! Do you mean us?!” Ace shouted “after all the painting I’ve had to do, I’m about to wipe the floor with Riddle!” Grim laughed. 

“Heh. we’ll see about that.” Riddle laughed at Grim. 

After turning most of the white roses red, Riddle paused and pointed at the newly painted roses “that coat of paint is much too thin! Make it thicker—and don’t miss anything!” Riddle spoke in a strict tone. 

“Y-yes, sir!” Deuce stammered and quickly fixed his mistake “you’re still so demanding! I thought you were finally gonna chill out some.” Ace groaned. 

“He might chill out a little, but he wouldn’t be Riddle if he weren’t a perfectionist.” Cater laughed “Like I always say: if you’re going to do something, do it perfectly. I want the very best party! And that means no cutting corners!” Riddle demanded with a smile. 

Suddenly without warning Riddle raised his staff/wand and then all the white roses had been turning into a deep red “...and that’s how it’s done.” Riddle laughed. 

“Geez louise! You finished those roses before I could even raise my pen!” Ace jumped back “you’ve certainly proven you can lead by example.” Deuce laughed. 

“Applied magic is Riddle’s super-special specialty!” Cater stated “they look great, Riddle.” Trey smiled. 

“That ought to do. And now… let the unbirthday party begin!” Riddle grinned. 

Sour Candy Kissesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें