Chapter Twenty-Six

"Well, I'm here." Putol nito sakanya. "I did go out last night but I came back around- I lost track of time." Anito na nahirapan pang isipin kung anong oras nakauwi. "So now that you've checked that I'm here, what else do you want?"

"N-Nothing." She stutters at his cold treatment. "I'm sorry if I disturbed your sleep."

"Is that the only thing you are sorry for?"

Saglit hindi nakasagot si Lux dahil alam niya ang ibig nitong sabihin. It's been bothering her the whole night and a sense of guilt kept her awake. She couldn't admit to him that yes, she feels guilty for hurting him and his pride. Pero ang mas hindi niya kayang sabihin ay ang magulo niyang damdamin na siya mismo ay hindi magawang alamin.

"Nate, about what happened last night, I-"

"I don't want to talk about it!" He quickly dismissed her attempt.

"But I-" Saph stopped when she heard a sound or more likely a moan coming from inside the room. "Are you with someone inside?" She asked even though she knew the answer already.

"Uhuh." Iyon lang ang isinagot sa kanya ni Nate bago nito niluwagan ang pagbukas sa pintuan upang ipakita ang loob ng kwarto.

Saph was stunned when she saw a half-naked woman lying on his bed. She instantly recognized who was it and it was the same woman whom he danced with last night at the bar. The same woman who has the hots for Nate and was flirting with him the entire time they were there.

Halatang kagigising lang ng babae na bumangon pa bahagya at hindi man lang nag-abalang takpan ang sariling kahubdan. Sinadya pa talaga nitong ipakita sakanya na para bang inaasar siya.

"Who is it, Darling?" Malanding tanong ng babae na nakangiti pa sa kanya nang may pang-aasar.

Tinitigan niya si Nate at hinintay ang magiging sagot nito ngunit hindi niya inaasahan ang isasagot nito at nasaktan siya sa narinig.

"No one." Seryosong sagot ng lalaki habang walang emosyong nakatingin sa kanya. "Just a mere nuisance."

"Then close the door and come back here in bed. Let's have some wild sex again in the morning." Aya ng babae na malandi pang humalakhak. "Make me moan just like how you did last night. You were so rough and I like it."

"Sure, be right there." Sagot ni Nate na titig na titig sa kanyang mukha.

Saph always displayed a poker face attitude but she couldn't do it right now. Her face is now showing her reaction, her emotion about what's in front of her. She's hurt and she's fucking pissed coz she felt betrayed.

Kumuyom ang kanyang mga kamao habang nakatingin siya sa babaeng malanding nakangisi sa kanya. Her jaw is also clenching as she shifted her gaze towards Nate. Kita niya ang pagkunot ng noo nito at ang bahagyang pagkabigla sa nakikitang reaksyon niya.

"Xury-"

"Enjoy yourselves!" Putol niya sa binata na humakbang at hahawakan siya sana.

Subalit mabilis siyang umiwas na para bang nandidiri siyang mahawakan nito. She doesn't want him to touch her, knowing that his hands could have touched that filthy woman all over her body. She couldn't believe him, she couldn't believe how he handled their situation or the issue that they have. Something almost happened between them last night and she was left torn and confused and wide awake while all the while he was enjoying himself banging another girl.