Chapter 10

Undoubtedly ready to insult him, Lucian opens his mouth but immediately closes when Papa narrows his eyes challengingly, but that doesn't stop him from glaring at him.

I'm going to the bathroom, not running away to get married. He's being dramatic.

Getting up from my chair, I wait for him to signal where we are going. He stands up, straightening his tie, "This way," he cocks his head upstairs. As soon as we are out of sight, the air between us gets thicker.  Suddenly he mutters, "It was you." I hum, not looking at him, knowing just how badly he wants me to meet his curious gaze and I want him to want me to look at him. Piercing blue eyes dig into the side of my head desperately, searching for something and then just gives up.

Pointing to a door down the corridor, he softly says, "You can use that one." I notice he has a very soft voice, almost whispering and only projects when necessary, like moments ago at the dining room. His voice is soft but husky at the same, not very common for men like him. They tend to be very loud and incredibly annoying, mistaking it for intimidation but it just makes my trigger finger horny and ready to shoot. In my opinion, the quiet ones are more difficult to deal with, you never know what goes on in their heads because they're not idiots who verbally exposes their plots and every idea that pops into their big heads.

I wonder what goes on in his.

With a half smile, I briefly capture his eyes, pinning him with mine, "Thank you, Raphael," then pull the door open, going through and gently leaning against it. "Fuck," he whispers, his shoes hitting the floor in a pattern. He's pacing. With a satisfied smirk, I lift off the door to do my business. What he doesn't know is that I know exactly where every room is in this house. Of course, I knew his sister would be terrified to take me to the bathroom and being her knight in shining armour, he would take me instead. He shouldn't  be so predictable, it could affect us.

Washing my hands, I look in the mirror, a sudden feeling of want grasping me, making it unbearable for me to breathe, let only ignore it.

I want him.

Shaking my head, my teeth sink into my bottom lip. No, I cannot jeopardize our alliance by making him... nevermind. Even I know what lines not to cross, even if they were small enough to almost not matter. Sighing, I open the door and the way his eyes overcast with hidden desire brings sharp scissors to my very thin string of restraint. So many secrets, so much vulnerability, I can almost taste the bitter sweet sting of pleasurous pain.

Fuck it, a little won't hurt.

"Raphael, do you know what an anomaly is?" I ask, watching his face shift into confusion. "Mathematically or scientifically?" he questions in an unsure tone, looking at me with his brows pinched together. Stepping past him, I answer, "The simple definition of the word is all I'm asking for." Turning to follow me he asks, "Why does it matter? What's with the random question?" "Just answer the question." I demand impatiently, glancing at him briefly. "Umm, to put it simply, the odd one out," he finally answers.

Nodding my head, I say, "I have met, many Made Men, some of them are just cowards who hide behind their guns but piss themselves when it runs out of bullets, falling to their knees one after the other. Others are cold and cruel because their past taught them a lesson about the fucked up world we live in, driving themselves into deep, yet empty pleasure, never able to satisfy their hunger because pleasure alone cannot fill a person. But you, you are an anomaly, or are you?" I wonder, dragging my fingers along the curves of the walls as I walk.

He grasps my wrist, "What are you talking about?" His eyes flicker down to my hand, covered by his, long fingers curled around mine, dare I say perfectly. I'm not sure if he noticed but he just caressed me with his thumb, causing the corners of my lips to turn up as I brush him off of me. "You're not a coward from what I've seen nor are you cold and cruel but there is something about you that I can't quite figure out."