Chapter 12- Just Us

(unedited)

Aron's POV

   My arm was already starting to heal. Being a werewolf has its perks. When I get hurt, like a burn, the cells of the affected area automatically start to regenerate. It only takes a couple minutes to an hour for me to completely heal. It depends on the injury of course. For example in about 30 minutes there will be no trace of this burn but let's say I break my arm. It will take three to four days for it to completely heal. I turn off the water and I can hear soft crying behind me. I spin around to fast for the human eye to see.

She's crouched down with her head in her hands sobbing softly Shes murmuring something and with my hearing I can sort of make it out.

"I'msorry Imsorry...hic...Imsosorry...please don't hurt me", she begs.I felt a knife twist in my heart.

I slowly lower myself so I'm sitting on the ground next to her. I reach out my hand and she flinches back. I immediately drew my hand back.

"I'm not going to hurt you.", i said softly. Then I said, "Can I please touch you?"

Slowly she nods her head and before she could change her mind I pulled her onto my lap. The Sparks that happened when you touched your mate were having their own fireworks show. Her body was so small- I can feel every rib due to malnourishment- yet she fit so perfectly against me it was just....perfect. She tucked her head under my chin and sighed softly. It calmed me even more when I felt her even breathing. I don't know how long we were sitting there. It was just peaceful.

ELAINA'S POV

It was twilight when I felt this growling-slash-rumbling noise go through my body. Amused I looked up at Aron and found he was staring hard at the wall but i saw the pink tinge. And then I felt it again and then all of a sudden my laughter filled up the silence in the kitchen. i finally stopped about five minutes later to find him looking down at me with an expression filled with amusement and embarrassment.

I got out of his lap and I heard him whimper slightly. I looked at him.

"I'm just going to make you food.", the sound came again, "i think you need it", I said with a giggle.

"Good idea.", he said, slightly embarrassed.

I chuckled again and walked to the fridge. i opened it to find it stocked with every food imaginable.

"Wow", I breathed.

I felt Aron come up behind me. "What?"

"So much food."

i felt him shrug. "Not really"

"Where do you put it all??????"

"It's food. Where do you think it goes. The toilet?", he said it sarcasticaly but fondly.

"Eventually."

"Ah so my mate has a smart mouth."

I gave him a questioning look.

" I think it's time for me to explain. You know I'm a wolf right?"

I nod my head slowly. I dont know how i just knew.

"Well every wolf has a significant other called a mate. They make the everything better in their mates life. They are made to love and cherish forever. "

"And im yours?"

It was a stupid question. i know but i had nothing else to say.

"Yes you are," he said with a strained laugh.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just.."

"What?"

"You might have too much baggage for me..."

Im late. sorrryyy. ugh.

fan?

vote?

comment?