The sound of her black heels clicking on the parquet floor announced her entrance in the living room, which was occupied by the Spanish couple and Mick who were sat watching a Real Madrid and Valencia. The guests all turned their heads when she appeared, quickly expressing complements towards her, which made her cheeks blush slightly.

"What time is the driver coming?" Carlos asked as she took a seat on the love chair.

"In a few minutes," she said, holding her bag on her lap, "God I don't want to attend this event."

"Then don't go," The Spaniard continued, shrugging his shoulders as he sipped on a beer, "why do you even have to go? It's a Rolex sponsor, and we're mainly affiliated with Richard Mille."

"Because this is a Formula 1 event, and apparently it's a must that team principals in their first year on the job attend," she sighed, running a hand through her straight hair, "Honestly? I'm going for Stefano, he was really happy when I told him I'll attend."

"Speaking of events," Mick said, turning his body to fully look at his best friend with a mischievous look in his eyes, "your birthday's next week Ale, what's the plan?"

"The plan is to work and make sure that my drivers have the best car for the Spanish grand prix," her reply earned her a loud scoff from the driver and reserve, and an eye roll from Isa, "I'm serious! It's the last race of the triple header, and plus I'm flying with Lance that evening because we have Chloe and Scotty's wedding!"

"How long are you staying for the wedding?" Isa asked.

"The whole wedding thing is like three days long," she chuckled, remembering the three day long itinerary she received with the invitation, "so I'll probably get back to Maranello Wednesday night."

"How about you stay for an extra day or two," Isa continued, "and we'll fly there and celebrate your birthday there?"

"Guys, I'm turning 27, birthdays are overrated for me now," she shrugged, then looked at her phone when she felt it vibrate, reading the message, "Driver's here! Have fun tonight and don't let my apartment end up in ashes, yeah?" The three chuckling, nodding as she gave them a hug each before leaving her apartment.

The event was being held at the Casino, a very prestigious landmark in Monaco, and it's even more stunning when it is rented out for private events just like the one she's attending tonight. When the car stopped in front of the main entrance, she stepped out of the vehicle, greeted by camera flashes and people shouting her name. She waved as she made her way up the entrance, showing her invite before a host led her to the hall, which was already filling up with people. She had spotted the bar when she entered, and was about to make a b-line for it but Stefano had spotted her and waved at her to come over, so she smiled and made her way over, taking a glass of champagne a waiter offered her.

"Ciao piccola!" The Italian CEO exclaimed her as she joined the circle he was in, giving her small kisses on the cheek as a greeting, "you look very beautiful!"

"Grazie Stefano," she replied, glancing at the men in the circle who looked at the two of them with a questioned look after hearing his greeting. She cleared her throat and took a step forward, stretching her hand out, "I'm Alessandra Ferrari, team principal of Scuderia Ferrari."

"The famous Ferrari taking up the sport by storm on another level," one of the men said as he shook her hand, "I'm Vance Stevens, co-owner of Rolex."

"And I'm Ian Kingston," the other man joined in, also shaking her hand, "also co-owner of Rolex. And I must say, you really have done a remarkable job running the team so far."

"Thank you," she smiled, sipping on her champagne.

The Mercedes team principal and CEO was silently grumbling to himself as he exited the car that brought him to the Casino and entered the premises, wishing that he did not accept the invitation and stayed at home. He was desperate to spend the evening in his apartment relaxing after coming back home from a busy day in Brackley. But he had told Stefano that he was coming, and he was never one to get out of commitments unless he really needed to, so here he was, entering the hall which was filled with people mingling around.