Undici

Alessandra was back in Maranello, Monday morning, cooped up in her office going through all the data collected during the break which showed the improvements from the Australian grand prix, having calls with Pirelli to make sure that the issue with the tyre pressure would be settled for Baku, as it was going to be hotter than Australia and they did not want to have a replay of what happened to Max and Lance in the last couple of years. Her and the team were having a good start to the season, and she wanted it to stay that way, but she knew that the Bulls were faster than the Ferrari's in the straight, and it was going to be a tight battle this weekend.

At the end of the day, she closed her office door, waved at the engineers who were about to start their evening shift before leaving the factory. She got into her Purosangue and drove back home. It was only a 5 minute drive, which would have been around a 15 minute walk, but she drove to work and back home mainly for safety reasons. She drove her car in her underground garage, between the Roma and the Portofino. She jumped out of her car and walked between her other cars, giving her Testa Rossa a tap before walking in her home.

"Honey I'm home!" She shouted when she entered the main area of the living room, her nostrils getting greeted with a delicious smell of her favourite pasta with pesto Genovese. She walked inside the kitchen, smiling widely at the sight of her best friend finishing up the pasta, "have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"Not enough," he joked, making her roll her eyes at him, "I got us a nice bottle of white wine if you're up for it?"

"As if there's any doubt about that," she scoffed, opening the fridge and taking out the bottle of sauvignon blanc, "Have you been here long?"

"Probably an hour," he said as he turned off the stove after mixing the pasta and the sauce, putting equal potions on the plates. Alessandra grabbed two wine glasses whilst Mick grabbed the plates, the two plopping down on the couch in the living room, the German going through the tv channels whilst Alessandra poured the wine, handing him one, "Thank you! So, how was your day?"

"Things are looking quite decent, but this weekend's going to be really hard," Alessandra sighed as she sipped on her wine, "the DRS on the Redbulls are godly, and plus Baku can be unforgiving so a lot of things go into play. Honestly, we're lucky if we're fighting for pole this weekend."

"It does look like that," Mick said, "but hey, you did just get Enrico from Redbull, and he's the mind behind that DRS so that's a step forward in our direction!"

"You're right," she nodded, taking another mouthful of the pasta, "I'm trying hard to recruit the right people for next year, in case this year blows in our faces."

"You're doing fine, Ale," Mick smiled, giving her a gentle pat on the arm, "so tell me, how was Spain?" The German raised a confused eyebrow at his friend who started choking on her food for a moment, her face turning red as she drank a generous amount of wine. "Was your time in Madrid ass?"

"Oh quite the contrary," she said after clearing her throat, "Madrid was fun. The exhibition was lovely, spending time with Carlos and Isa was very great!"

"And Marc was there too right? I remember that instagram post from your burner account," Alessandra slowly nodded, distracting herself with the wine which confused Mick even more, trying to see why his friend was acting weird, "did I miss something? Apart from Marc throwing you in the pool?"

"Is there any rule that F1 affiliated people should not fuck Motogp affiliated people?" She asked.

"I don't think so? Maybe Jack knows about tha- WAIT!" Mick exclaimed, looking at his friend with wide blue eyes when realisation hit him, "did you and Marc sleep together?!" An amused face looked at Alessandra as she nodded at him, crossing his arms over his chest as he got intrigued with the conversation, "so, what? Are you guys dating now or something?"