Epilogue- Forever After

Start from the beginning

She screamed, crying in agony, still thrashing, hyperventilating.

The nurses surrounding her moved quickly into action, restraining her. A doctor approached holding a needle.

She screamed the word No, her throat harsh. That was all she could manage.

Before she knew it, she stopped fighting them, her tense muscles relaxed and she calmed down, eventually passing out again.

When she finally woke, she felt completely relaxed, light as a feather.

Her eyes scanned her surroundings slowly as if hypnotized. It wasn't a cramped, dark room. It was private with cream walls and a flat screen TV mounted opposite her. There were tall vases of flowers.

"Are you feeling better, sweetie?"

One of the nurses she recognized from earlier approached her side.

She nodded.

"Good, we're glad." She says, patting her arm gently. "Are you in any pain?"

She shook her head No.

There was no pain but she felt sore everywhere and her skin felt as though it was stretched too tight.

"We gave you a little something to relieve your anxiety and discomfort." She reassured her. "You must be hungry. Why don't I order you something?"

Hope could only nod in agreement.

"My name is Ashley, if you need anything else. I'll contact the cafeteria right away and have a light meal brought up."

She needed water to help moisturize her mouth and throat more than food. But she could not say the words. Lifting her arm out the nurse stopped before turning away.

She gestured to her throat and opened her dry mouth.

The nurse quickly figured out what she needed.

"Water." She answered for her.

Hope nodded in relief. The nurse turned around and went to grab a pitcher and a cup.

Adjusting the hospital bed, she helped her drink. Some water escaped her lips and passed her chin. The nurse quickly dabbed the excess.

"Is that better?"

Hope nods her thanks.

How long had she been in the hospital, she thought?

Where was Zayn?

"I will be right back." The nurse said with a smile.

"Hope."

Turning her head to the sound of his voice. His hair was disheveled, dark circles under his eyes. He appeared to not have shaved for quite some time.

In a few long strides he was at her side, grasping her hand and pressing it to his lips.

"God, I've missed you."

She hesitated, seemingly torn as she gazed at him as a lone tear escaping the side of her face.

"I–"

It was difficult to speak, swallowing heavily. It took great effort to speak. In frustration, she shakes her head trying to concentrate.

"Zayn. . ." It was barely a whisper. Her voice sounded hoarse and raw.

"Shhh, you do not have to say a word, just rest. All that matters is that you're back."

Closing her eyes she tries again.