Chapter 53: Mending Connections

Start from the beginning

"Alright, everyone," Prima said to the crowd as Jules stepped onto the floor behind her. "It's just me tonight, Zelda won't be helping, so drinks and food will be a bit slower," she called out of the room. "That being said, go in, take a seat, and have a good time."

The crowd cheered and began pouring into the dining hall. Placing her hands on her hips, Prima looked back at Jules and winked before shooing her away, clearly egging her to head into the hall.

"Celessa's already got a drink for you," Prima said, "so go on and get in there."

"Yeah, yeah, alright," Jules said. "I'm going."

Prima grinned as she watched Jules disappear into the hall alongside the crowd, though her attention was immediately pulled away by the call of her name.

"Prima!"

She turned to see one of the village farmhands appearing from the crowd and hurrying toward her as her black pigtails swayed behind her.

"Hello, Koyin," Prima said cheerfully as the shepherd came to a stop in front of her. "It's a surprise to see you so energetic after a long week of work. Especially these past few weeks."

"That's because all my issues have been solved!" Koyin said happily. "Link took care of the monsters that were nabbing my sheep. It's a weight off my shoulders, and the herd's too. They're much calmer."

"Link helped, huh..." Prima mumbled, folding her arms before a small grin appeared on her face. "Glad he was able to help you out there."

"Thanks, I really owe him one," the farmhand said, "which is why I'm here actually. I promised to buy him a drink. Has he arrived yet?"

"Not yet, nor has Zelda," Prima replied. Koyin frowned.

"Ah, I don't want to get a few drinks in and forget to get him one," she said disappointedly. "Knowing him, he won't remind me. He'll just consider it another good deed done..."

"Well, it looks like you won't have to wait too long," Prima said.

Koyin gave her a confused look before noticing the clerk gesturing her head toward the door. Her face brightened upon seeing both Link and his lover enter through the doors, with Zelda tightly holding onto his arm.

"Good evening, you two," Prima said the moment they were within earshot. "It's good to see you both here."

"It's good to be here," Zelda said with a kind smile. "Especially after everything that's happened. It's nice to be here under calm circumstances again."

"Hey there, Koyin. Prima," Link said with a calm wave and small smile of his own before turning his full attention to the clerk. "Glad to see you're doing okay."

"Link! It's good to see you!" Koyin said excitedly as the couple stopped in front of them. "The sheep have really calmed down since you took out that camp, and that means I owe you a drink!"

With a chuckle, she stepped over and wrapped her arm around Link's shoulders before looking at Zelda.

"You don't mind if I steal him for a bit, do you?" she asked, giving her a grin.

"S-sure, absolutely," Zelda replied, and though she was a little thrown off by the sudden request, she released her grip on Link's arm.

"Thank you, kindly," Koyin said happily. "Come on, Link. I owe you a drink, and we can have it with the rest of the farmers!"

"I dunno if I'm gonna drink like last time, Koyin," Link said as the farmhand guided him to the door. "I mean, you remember what happened last time-"

"Stop worrying and let's go! Come on, get a move on," she chirped.