Ch. 16

Last night I got a text from Xavier that he wanted to tell his family about our engagement. I was scared that everyone will think it was too soon but Xavier said Austin and Kelly already knew and that they were happy for us. He wanted to tell everyone today and his parents had invited their family over for lunch. Since we didn't have to be there until 12 pm, I got ready first and then started reciting all the details about our relationship. Today was Sunday, May 10 which means that it's a little less than two months since we have been "dating". Xavier and I both decided that the day we signed our contract, March 30, would be considered our "first date".

Since we were going to have lunch with the Diamonds at 12 and then go to the club around 9 pm I decided to just change my outfit for the club. For the lunch, I settled on wearing a light pink top with dark blue jeans and I did a ponytail and wore some makeup as well. At 11:25 Xavier texted me saying that he was on his way. When he arrived, he sent me a text and I grabbed my purse and headed out to his car.

At the Diamond's residence, there were a lot of people there. I didn't expect it to be a big gathering but apparently, Xavier's uncles, aunts, and cousins were also there. When we walked in, he introduced me to everyone and everyone was really sweet. After we settled in, lunch was being served so we all were seated in the dining room which had an extremely long table that could seat up to 30 people but there were 29 of us. Everyone had conversations going on and sometimes people would converse with everyone. One of Xavier's aunts, Aunt Jane, who was Mrs. Diamond's older sister, always asked me questions whether it was about my culture, education, or career. She also had an unimpressed look on her face whenever I spoke, so I noted that she just doesn't like me. Afterward, we all headed outside to hang around and enjoy the weather. Xavier and I sat under the shade along with Natalie, Austin, and two of their cousins- Ricky and May. They were twins who were 19 years old; their parents were Mr. Diamond's younger brother's kids. Ever since we stepped outside, Xavier held onto my hand, which was comforting, especially after Aunt Jane's interrogation. We were all talking and lounging around when I decided to mentally quiz myself on each family member. I wanted to make sure I knew who each person was and how they were related to Xavier. It seems as if I was on a good track because everyone that was here today was immediate family.

Terrance Diamond (Xavier's paternal grandfather)

  David Diamond (Xavier's dad) & Becca Diamond (Xavier's mom)

        Austin & Kelly Diamond

               Natalie (^ their daughter)

        Xavier Diamond

  Jerry Diamond (^ younger brother) & Melissa Diamond (^his wife)

                                          Ricky (son) and May (Daughter) (^ their kids)

Max and Julie Green (Xavier's maternal grandparents)

  Jane Green (Xavier's mom's older sister)

        Marilyn (^ her daughter)

        Josh (Jane's son) & Tenisha (Josh's wife)

               Owen (^their son)

  Blake & Diana (Xavier's mom's younger brother and his wife)

        Blake Jr./Junior (^ their son) & Carol (Blake's wife)