Christmas Special

It's not May, what are you talking about??

***

Charles groaned, rolling over to block out the light shining in his face. He heard a chuckle beside him and opened his eyes halfway. Carlos was looking down at him, already awake. He put down his phone to ruffle Charles's hair.

Charles only pulled the blankets higher and attempted to fall asleep again. His plan was thwarted when Carlos ripped the blankets off of him, revealing the green and red plaid pajamas the had reluctantly agreed to wear to match Carlos during the holidays.

Carlos looked all too pleased with himself as Charles groaned, annoyed. He was also clad in a red and green pajama set, the top buttons undone, because of course they were. Although they were going to spend Christmas day with their families, they had been spending the weeks leading up to the holiday at Carlos's home in Spain.

Finally, Charles relented, flipping down the blankets and staring daggers at Carlos. The Spaniard only laughed and trotted downstairs. Charles groaned again, reaching for his phone before following him.

When he reached the kitchen, Carlos had already turned on the stove, holding his hand over the pan to check the heat. Charles sat across from him at the island, smiling fondly. "Want any help?"

"Nope!" Carlos said cheerily, smiling back. Charles knew he would say no, but he always asked anyway.

He began replying to emails as Carlos made eggs and waffles. When he began halving a huge amount of oranges, Charles put his phone down. "What are you doing?"

"Making orange juice," Carlos replied, the "obviously" following the sentence only detectable in his tone.

Charles was about to offer his help again when he realized he quite liked watching Carlos muscles flex as he worked the manual juicer.

When it looked like the juicing was being wrapped up, Charles set the table and grabbed two tall glasses for each of them. They found their places side by side on stools near the island, serving themselves generous portions.

The orange juice might've been the best Charles ever tasted.

🏎 🏎 🏎

Later, when the two had settled on the couch for a day of Christmas movies. Piñon trotted out to the living room, finally awake. Carlos cooed and quickly set down his bowl of kibble, while Charles snuck to the Christmas tree to pull out a thin present buried under a mound of colorful boxes.

He handed the parcel to Carlos with a secretive smile. "For me?" Carlos asked.

"For Piñon."

Carlos carefully peeled away the tape, laughing when he realized what was underneath. Pulling out a matching plaid pajama set fit for his dog, Carlos called Piñon over with a broad smile. With only a little bit of a struggle, Carlos pulled the pajamas over Piñon's head and paws. Staring down at himself, then Charles, and lastly Piñon in matching pajamas, he burst out laughing once again.

Charles chuckled along with him, running to grab his phone off the kitchen counter. He took as many pictures as he could as Piñon could only stay still for a couple seconds before trying to roll the pajamas off of himself. Finally, Carlos scooped up the dog in his arm, trying his best to point him toward the camera as Charles took selfies from a painfully facebook mom angle.

Dissolving into laughter again, Charles barely had the coordination to send the pictures to his family group chat. In only a few minutes he got a reply. Lorenzo, Arthur, and his mom were all together in Monaco at this point, and they replied back with their own photo, the three of them out for brunch. Soon, Arthur was Facetiming them, both Charles and Charles waving enthusiastically as the call was answered.