But at the end of the day, she knew being honest to the people she treated like sisters was the most important thing.

"Ah, don't worry," the older woman reassured before turning towards the man sitting in front of her. "And what was your name again?"

"Kim Jongin, halmeoni," he replied with a smirk. "But you can call me Kai."

☾・゚: *✧・゚:*

The moment Park Chaeyoung stumbled upon Jungkook talking to Yeri in the YG building replayed in her mind like a broken record, even though it had been days since.

Jungkook had turned to look at her as if he had seen a ghost before walking out without another word.

The three of them used to be inseparable. It was only Yeri and her at first before Jungkook had unexpectedly approached them. They would get late night Korean barbecue, hangout at karaoke bars, and text in their groupchat constantly, like normal friend groups.

Unfortunately, no matter how strong she thought her friendship was with Yeri, she too gradually distanced herself away after Jungkook cut her off. She said he had done the same to her.

Chaeyoung did not feel any bad blood towards her though. At least with her, it was not abrupt and seemed like a natural growing apart. They tried to keep in touch for a while, especially Chaeyoung, but life just got busier and harder.

But still—

Wait.

Chaeyoung thought deeply to herself as her whole time with them flashed through her eyes but from another perspective.

The way he looked and smiled at her. The way he would run when she called. The way his laughs always seemed brighter around her. The way the two of them walked closely side by side while she trudged along a few more inches apart.

It was Yeri. He loved Yeri.

She wanted to cry upon the realization. Now it all made sense. How stupid had she been all these years?

That's what Sooyoung meant when she said she reminded him of that time in his life. Because she was quite literally so involved in that specific time.

She was so blinded by her own love for him to notice who his heart truly belonged to.

"Earth to Chaeyoung?" a deep voice brought her back into reality.

Chaeyoung rapidly blinked as she regained her senses, "Oh, what? I'm sorry."

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked, lightly grazing the skin of her arm with his hands.

The two were back in the studio to record their duet, but this time they were in the Bighit building instead. Since it was still Taehyung's song and production at the end of the day, they figured he would have been more comfortable to do that work in his own space.

In fact, they had worked so productively that they were almost finished.

"Yes— sorry, I just have stuff on my mind," Chaeyoung replied.

The man's expression seemed to soften, "Well, whatever it is... you can always talk to me."

Chaeyoung nodded in response before biting her lip, unsure if she should confide in him or not. But one question couldn't hurt.