Refusal

Bustier sees the conflict between Lila and Marinette and sees the effect it's having on the class. She attempts to fix it by adjusting the seating chart. Why she thought placing those two together was a good idea, no one will ever understand.

Class Sugar, Bustier Salt

In all honesty, it's a wonder how Mrs. Bustier didn't change the seating chart sooner. With her being easy to manipulate, she would have changed it as soon as she heard that Marinette was bullying Lila. But somehow this new incident pushed her to do so.

The day before, Lila claimed that Marinette threw something at her from the back of the room. It did seem to be a stretch, since no one saw anything fly across the room during class. But everyone believed it anyways and Bustier saw only one option left.

She decided to place Lila with Marinette.

The teacher's mindset was that if the bully and victim hang out more, they will be more comfortable in each other's presence and start to get along. And while she was at it, she moved other people who had problems in class.

Nino was with Alya, since they were supposedly dating. But lately, they have been distant and angry at each other. Adrien was sitting with him and that's all he spoke to nowadays. She figured the couple should have some time sitting together to solve their differences.

Nathaniel and Kim were together, since things were rocky between them since Kim accidentally messed up the artist's drawing. They still talked every once in a while, but the quiet boy just preferred to be alone most of the time. Unless he was with Marc.

She put Chloe and Adrien together, as Chloe was still a somewhat toxic factor in the class. She hasn't been as rude lately, but still pushes people around when she wants something. Bustier figured some time away from Sabrina will do her good.

She put everyone else in the class at random, since everyone else was on more neutral terms. The teacher smiled to herself. She hoped that things would work out alright with this experiment.

As everyone came in from lunch, she gained their attention. "It has come to my attention that there is some negative energy from members of the class. So to fix it, we are going to have a fixed seating chart." The class didn't completely mind, they didn't like the toxic energy either. It would make them more prone to get akumatized.

Mrs. Bustier started from the front of the class to the back. Adrien and Chloe weren't mad at all, since the boy was trying to teach his childhood friend how to be a better person. Chloe did miss Sabrina though, as she considered her an actual friend besides him.

Nino and Alya weren't thrilled to be with each other. Little did their teacher know that they broke up. They were fighting because Nino realized Lila was lying and was trying to get Alya to see the light and apologize with him. But she was too deep into the lies and believed that Nino was cheating on her with Marinette. Nino gave up and just decided to end it here and there. 

He went to Adrien's to talk about it, and he found out that Adrien knew that Lila was lying too. He was a little mad, but understood why he didn't say anything. Together, they both went to Marinette's and had a chill night full of tears, apologies, and video games. Marinette was just glad that someone finally found out about the lies before it was too late.

Nathaniel also wasn't the happiest being with Kim. He was loud, energetic, and constantly smelt of sweat. Kim promised he was going to try and be more tolerable for him.

Juleka and Rose were separated, which made the couple sad. Juleka was now with Mylene, Rose with Ivan, and Max with Alix. They were starting to wonder why Mrs. Bustier was separating every couple.

And last, there was Lila and Marinette. Lila was secretly annoyed that she was with the goody two-shoes, but made it seem like she was slightly worried. Marinette was openly annoyed.

"Mrs. Bustier, I don't think this exactly is a good seat change." She pointed out.

"Nonsense, it will help everyone build better ties with each other. You can learn from Lila on being a better example, Nino and Alya can stop fighting, and everyone else benefits with you all." Marinette, Chloe, Nino, and Adrien all thought that was the largest load of bullshit she has ever said.

"There's a reason why me and Lila don't get along. And it wasn't a smart move to put those two next to each other." She looked at Nino. "If you actually paid attention, you would see that he is uncomfortable." Mrs. Bustier looked and he did have a small frown on his face.

"But how are they going to work out their problems as a couple-"

"We broke up two weeks ago!" Nino exclaimed, startling everyone in the room. "This seating chart just made everything worse."

"Ridiculous." Chloe filed her nails. "You put half the class with people they didn't want to be around so it would be less work for you to do. And I bet you were going to put all the pressure on Marinette to fix it and to be an example, weren't you?" She glared at the teacher, daring her to challenge her.

"I refuse to be with Lila. She is nothing but a liar and manipulator." Marinette stood up. Nino stood up too.

"I refuse to sit with Alya." The rest of the class stood up as well and cheered them on. Mrs. Bustier tried and failed to get them to do what she wanted.

After a few more minutes, Mrs. Mendeliev came in and asked what the ruckus was. She handled the situation better than Bustier by letting people chose their seats and hear out why they didn't want to be with their seat partner. And what made it even better, she did it in private, something Bustier should have done all along.

When she got to Marinette and her friends, they told her everything about Lila being a liar and the proof they had. The science teacher went up to Mrs. Bustier and asked for Lila's medical records. But when she checked, there was nothing there. Lila panicked as she realized her kingdom was about to fall.

And soon enough, Mrs. Mendeliev was dragging her to the principal's office. Lila knew she had been defeated, all because of her stupid teacher.

Alya tried to apologize to Marinette and Nino but they both weren't hearing it. They made their point that they don't want to be friends with someone who is toxic and easily manipulated.

Marinette was looking forward to the next day, they were going to meet their new teacher. Thank Chloe for getting everything she requests.

It was originally going to be Alya but I changed it. I might have a seat change in another chapter with Alya and Marinette.

BTW I just finished the MLB movie on Netflix and I loved it. I personally love the dynamic in the movie, the animation was clear and flowed great, I would totally watch it again later.

And I probably will😅

Marinette was so adorable I gotta say

1200 words