10

After helping Inko bring food out, Raven sat down at the table.
Midoriya walked forward to take his seat next to her but then and the last second Kacchan cut him off, plopping down right next to Raven.
She glanced at him in surprise and turned her head to the side.
"Oh, hello! I think Izuku wanted to sit there!"
She told him politely. He chuckled.
"That's alright, he doesn't care. Right buddy?"
He asked looking over at Midoriya.

Midoriya gulped, and then shook her head.
"Yeah... It's fine."
He said, defeated for the time being.
He sat down next to Bakugou and the boy smirked in triumph.

Is this really how it was going to be? Little moves, little victories?

Kacchan would win a mini battle, Deku would win a mini battle And Raven would be blind to everything that was going on?
Midoriya didn't think for a minute that Bakugou would take any interest in her. Not because he didn't think Raven was attractive, but because he forgot that Bakugou had actual human emotions.

He forgot that Bakugou could actually like someone, and that a girl would actually like him. But now that Bakugou was playing for Raven, whether to spite Deku or because he liked her or a little bit of both.
Midoriya figured he had to work extra hard to win. Bakugou was insanely attractive and when he tried he could be somewhat charismatic.
Not to mention he had a stupidly cool quirk.

But then again raven didn't care about quirks right? She at least didn't want her own.
So maybe that wouldn't help Bakugou out much.

"Aren't you gonna eat?"
Bakugou asked. Midoriya blinked and looked to the side, thinking he was talking to him.
But Bakugou wasn't even looking at him. He was looking at Raven.

She laughed.
"What do you mean? I am eating!"
Raven answered she answered, shoving a bite of food into her mouth.

Bakugou scoffed.
"Not much."
He observed her plate. He wondered if she was one of the Chicks that didn't eat a lot infront of guys so they didn't seem fat or some shit.

"Raven is vegetarian!"
Midoriya said, leaning against the table and butting into the conversation.

'Fuck off-'
Bakugou glared at Midoriya.

"Yep!"
She said, smiling at Midoriya.

"Then eat more vegetables."
He said before grumbling something about how she should eat more protein.

"I will when I want too."
Raven said with a shrug.
"I don't want much right now."

Bakugou nodded and didn't press her, after all he was trying to be pleasant towards her.
He had been beyond pissed off when his parents drug him here but now he was glad Midoriya was completely useless.
Because if he hadn't failed to convince his mother to cancel then Deku would've been able to keep Raven all to himself.

................

The teens had moved to the couch while the adults continued chatting about adult stuff in the background.
Raven ended up in between Bakugou and Midoriya while Bakugou put on a scary movie Hoping it would encourage the classic "oh no I'm scared hold me!' plan and cause Raven to hold onto him or something.

But the girl didn't give a shit and watched with almost no emotion as people were attacked by a demon in the movie. She wasn't even fucking scared in the slightest. She just kicked her legs happily and snacked on some popcorn.

Bakugou watched her from the corner of his eye and realized that Midoriya was as well.
Bakugou glared and rested his gaze on Raven again.
'Alright then.'
He thought slowly inching himself closer.
'Just slowly put your arm around her.'
He coached himself with a smirk. Yeah there's no way she could resist leaning into his strong arms!
He lifted his arm and set it behind her on the couch.
'Suck it Deku-'

Without a glance in his direction Raven simply shrugged his arm off and moved slightly closer to Deku.
'The hell?!'

Midoriya covered his mouth and hide a laugh with a cough. Bakugou frowned at him and nerrowed his eyes.
'Let's see if he's that cocky at school next week. I'll show him his place then...'

He glanced at Raven.
Though if she ever heard about Bakugou beating Midoriya up she probably wouldn't take Bakugou's side.
'I'll just have to make sure he doesn't talk.'
Bakugou thought with a firey glare in Midoriya's direction.

'let's try this again...'
He thought, going back to thinking about Raven. He inched his hand closer to hers and touched it experimentally with his own.
His eyes staring at the screen as he slowly inched it over too hold onto hers.

She looked down at it then back at him with complete innocence.
"Why do you keep on moving?"
She asked and Midoriya snickered a little bit behind her as she tilted her head with a small frown.
'I don't like it... Fly away?'
Pokey spoke up in her head, suggesting she just leave.

'Is she dense or just playing hard to get?'
Bakugou thought, completely ignoring the possibility or her simply being uninterested.

"I'm not."
He said simply, denying her accusation.

She shrugged and turned her attention to the movie again.
"Okay."

'Okay Maybe just dense.'
Bakugou thought with a frown. He didn't really mind, she was pretty and when it came to what he wanted in a partner that was fine. A quirk was a must but I didn't have to be strong for him to date her. In fact he kinda liked the idea of her being weaker and innocent, so Raven fit the bill nicely.

He didn't think all women should be weak and taken care of, that was stupid. But he ultimately wanted to be the stronger one in the relationship.

Because Bakugou was a toxic and slightly narcissistic person. In case you couldn't tell.

But little did he know Raven wasn't exactly dumb. She was actually very intelligent academically, part of her quirk is learning and keeping information.

But when it came to most social cues she wasn't as knowledgeable. She didn't have much experience with dealing with other people directly. For multiple reasons.

Mainly because of her mysterious home life.