5

Things actually did change much for the trio.
Midoriya and All Might still trained so that he could hold All Might's quirk and attend UA.
And Raven still tagged along.

Midoriya and All might loved The girl as much as they loved their bird friend Pokey.
Raven would still sit on All might's shoulder (in both human and bird forms, depending on how much weight he wanted Midoriya to pull.)

She kicked her feet from her spot on the rubble.
"Woohoo! Go Midoriya!"
She cheered with a smile.

He chuckled a little with a nervous smile.
He was starting to really like Raven.
She was light hearted and funny, not to mention the fact that she was absolutely adorable.
Though she did act young and innocent for her age, she was only a few months Younger than Midoriya.
"T-thanks-"

"DON'T STOP NOW YOUNG MIDORIYA!"

................

"Hey Raven, don't your parents get worried? With you hanging out here all day?"
Midoriya asked as he shared his lunch with her. All Might nodded in agreement.

"Midoriya has a point, do you have their premission to stay with us all day?"
He asked as the adult in the situation.

"Oh uh... Well..."
Raven suddenly got nervous.
"I actually..."
She fiddled with her hands, biting her bottom lip and avoiding their eyes.

"Is everything okay?"
Midoriya asked.

"Yeah it's just... Well I don't actually live with my parents?"
She admitted, looking up at him through her lashes.

"Then who do you live with? May I ask."
All might questioned her.

"I... Well no one..."
She mumbled, looking back down.

"No one?"
Midoriya asked in shock.

"No one."
Raven clarified.

"So... Where do you live?"
All Might asked.

"Well technically... I guess I'm homeless? I kinda live in a tree right now."
She told them, but then she smiled lightly.
"But that's fine! I'm okay with it. Please don't tell anyone."

"Raven you're homeless?!"
Midoriya gasped.

"Now young Raven, we should find you a place to stay. There are homes run specifically for kids like yourself-"

"No! Please I don't want to go to a group home! I'm good and I don't steal or bother anyone. I'm fine living the way I do."
She pleaded, she was regretting mentioning it. She regretted telling her friends about her living situation.
A few tears pricked her eyes.

'Run. Fly away. We have too leave.'
Pokey pleaded.

Raven wiped her tears and pulled her knees to her chest.

"Young Raven, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. But I can't just let you run around the streets by yourself, it's dangerous."
All Might immediately backtracked at her reaction.

"Hey it's alright! Don't cry."
Midoriya said reaching towards her.
She flinched back and he stopped, retracting his hand away from her.

"I'm sorry... I just really don't want that..."
She whispered.

"Alright. We'll figure something else out then."
All Might agreed. He knew that if he pushed it she'll just take off, he could tell that she was a very flighty person and if he made a wrong move he would never see her again.

"Hey, would you... Would you want to come over for dinner at my house tonight?"
Midoriya offered.
Maybe if he got her there, he could convince her to stay.
Well after he told his mother about her situation, she would surely understand.

...................

"Hey mom I'm home! I brought a friend!"
Midoriya announced when he entered his apartment.
Raven looked around, it had been quite a long time since she's actually been in a furnished, lived in house.

"Can I talk to you in the kitchen really quick?"
Midoriya asked.

His mother nodded.
"Of course, you make yourself at home sweetie. Izuku she's cute-"
Midoriya shooed her into the kitchen, leaving Raven alone in the unfamiliar environment.

She walked over and sat stiffly on the couch.
The poor girl was uneasy, she had bad memories around mother's, and living rooms, and houses, and people in general.
So she bit her lip and looked around at the cute decorations the family had.

Pictures of little Izuku and some other kid with blonde hair. Pictures with him and his mother. Plus pictures of older family members that looked similar to them both.

Raven sat with her hands in her lap, eyeing the window as a possible route of escape.
"Hello dearie! A-and welcome!"
Midoriya and his mother immerged again, her smile seemed more nervous this time, but still kind.

"Thank you ma'am."
Raven said with a smile.

"You can call me Mrs Inko. The food will be done in just a moment! In the meantime you and Midoriya can uh... Hang out!"
Mrs Inko suggested, rushing back into the kitchen to feed this new random homeless girl that her son had made friends with.

"You're mom is nice."
Raven said nervously, looking at the floor.
Midoriya frowned, his friend didn't look very... Comfortable. She wasn't as enthusiastic and perky as she normally was.

"Is everything alright?"
He asked her, his eyebrows knit together. He watched her fidget and then fake a very convincing smile.

"Of course! I'm just nervous to make a bad impression on your mom!"
She said.

A reasonable explanation, but Midoriya didn't believe that was the actual problem for some reason. But he had no evidence that what she was saying was a lie and yet he didn't believe it.
"You don't need to worry about that Raven. I'm sure my mother will love you."

"Alright! I believe you! Hey I've never been here before! Can I see your room?!"
Raven jumped up and a smile and tugged on his arm.
"Plllllease?!"
She pleaded and Midoriya smiled in return.
Well She seemed fine now, Maybe that really was all that was bothering her.

"W-well sure but-"

"Come on!"
Raven said following him to his room.