✧ ˚ 18 · eighteen .

Comincia dall'inizio

Sarah shook her head, her smile unwavering. "Not crazy at all. You've always been special, Ava, even before all of this. This just proves it even more."

Ava's heart swelled with gratitude for her friend's unwavering support. "Thank you, Sarah. I'm really lucky to have you by my side."

Sarah grinned. "And I'm lucky to have a superhero best friend! So, what are you going to do with these powers?"

Ava thought for a moment, her mind filled with endless possibilities. "I want to use them to help people, to make a difference in the world. There's so much I could do with these abilities."

Sarah smiled warmly. "You've always had the heart of a hero, Ava. I believe in you, and I'll support you no matter what."

Ava felt a surge of warmth and determination as she heard Sarah's words. "Thank you, Sarah," she replied, her voice filled with emotion. "Having you believe in me means everything. I couldn't do this without you."

Sarah's laughter echoed through the call. "Well, lucky for you, I'm not going anywhere."

With a mouthful of delicious chow mein, Ava couldn't help but grin mischievously at her best friend. "So how are things with you and Adam?" she questioned, her smile knowing.

Sarah blushed, her cheeks tinged with a hint of pink. "We've... kissed. I like him, and he likes me, so... we'll see where it goes from there, I guess."

Ava's eyes widened with excitement. "That's amazing, Sarah! I can't believe you didn't tell me sooner!" she exclaimed.

Sarah's cheeks flushed with a mix of bashfulness and excitement. "Well, you know me. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it," she admitted, twirling a strand of hair nervously.

Ava laughed playfully. "Oh, come on! You're my best friend; of course, it's a big deal! I'm so happy for you, Sarah."

Sarah's smile widened, and she gave a small shrug. "Thanks, Ava. It's just nice to be with someone who makes me happy, you know?"

Ava nodded knowingly. "Absolutely. And Adam seems like a great guy. I'm glad you two found each other."

The phone screen wobbled slightly as Sarah adjusted its position, propping it above her face while she leaned against her pillows.  "So, spill the tea, Ava! Is there anyone at your new school who caught your eye?" she asked with an eager grin.

Ava grinned mischievously, playfully teasing her best friend. "Oh, you're already digging for gossip, huh?"

Sarah playfully rolled her eyes. "Hey, I'm just curious! You're starting a whole new chapter of your life at a new school. Who knows, you might meet someone special!"

Ava considered the question, a slight blush tinting her cheeks. "Well, I have to admit there is one guy who's been really nice to me. His name is Peter. We have a few classes together, and he's been super friendly and helpful."

Sarah's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Ooh, Peter sounds promising! Tell me more!"

Ava recounted some of the moments she had shared with Peter, the times he had made her laugh, and the small gestures of kindness he had shown. She found herself getting more comfortable as she shared these details with her best friend.

Sarah leaned in, fully engrossed in Ava's story. "He sounds like a total sweetheart," she remarked.

Ava nodded, a soft smile on her lips. "He really is. I enjoy spending time with him."

Sarah's grin grew wider. "Ava Stark falling for a cute guy at her new school—this is like something out of a rom-com!"

Ava rolled her eyes playfully. "Oh, hush. It's not that big of a deal. It's just a little crush, that's all."