Chapter 06

A cloaked man frowned at the top of the cliff with a sheathed sword dangling from his waist and three other individuals peering down below the Stan estate.

His gaze drifts to the knights security area near the cave, where a specific powerful creaturet is being held captive and who will later wreak devastation nearby.

While others checked on their fellow knights who had been discovered unconscious on the ground, some of them were carrying a man's corpse.

Then he heard footsteps approaching, and as the person drew closer, the moonlight illuminated the person's face, revealing a bright hair color, red eyes, and lovely red lips.

The crown princess of the Breck Kingdom, Rosalyn, who chose to become a mage.

The black swordsman named Choi Han inquired, "how's Lock doing?"

"He's sleeping." The mage replied.

Despite his relief, Choi Han instinctively tightened his hold on the hilt of his sword, as if he were ready to break it.

'Even now, I can't save them all.'

He made sure to get there earlier than the massacre's anticipated time, but when he and the father-son duo arrived at the village, the place was completely on fire and filled with stench of blood.

When Choi Han arrived, Rosalyn was already there, trying to put out the fire. Choi Han was also convinced that she remembered.

Additionally, he came across Lock on the ground, unconscious and covered in scrapes and wounds, until he noticed something.

Lock's siblings were nowhere to be found when Choi Han searched the entire town for them. Not even their bodies were discovered.

Although it seems absurd, he had suspicions that they were still alive and had been captured.

What could those bastards possibly want from the wolves? It makes no sense to him at all.

"Choi Han, are you sure the dragon was here at this time?"

Jolting out of his trance, he faintly replied.

"Yes, the nearby village will be completely destroyed by the dragon tomorrow."

"I see."

Choi Han gave her a suspicious look, as if something was wrong.

"It's strange." Rosalyn muttered and pointed out the knights.

"I believe someone has already taken the dragon."

When they first arrived, the area was a complete mess.

"Fallen guards, and they even move a corpse away from the-"

They turned to face them after spotting the assassin duo returning from their investigation.

"Have you figured something out?"

The swordsman's hasty question annoyed the elderly assassin.

"Stop being so impatient. Why don't you go there by yourself?"

The two exchanged glances until the mage stepped in and questioned the younger assassin.

"Enough, you two. "Please explain Beacrox."

Beacrox replied despite his scowl.

"Marquis Stan recently dispatched his knights to track down a thief after they claimed to have had a valuable item stolen from them."

"Wait, valuable item. Maybe it's..."

They all spoke at once.

"The dragon."