Chapter 03

Cale sensed a dilemma coming on his way and didn't know why but shrugged it off as he looked down at the top of the hill.

There he saw a huge swamp that filled with dead mana and cloaked figures scattered everywhere with the scent of ocean lingering from them.

'So this is how they got strong.'

After deciding to leave the ruins with a new companion with his side, the portal suddenly appeared as if knowing the task put onto him was already finished. He could almost mistake that someone is watching him.

Stepping into the portal, it teleported them to this spot to where they are currently now.

He didn't know that he will be meeting them soon and they've been doing this just around their territory.

'But then again, it's none of my business anymore.'

Handling them will be slowing his step towards his first priority. That is related to himself. It'll be a waste in this round not to learn something while his here.

It's already in the past and he has a different goal this time. The fall of the county will be their hands to handle.

He wanted to focus for himself, just for once.

Don't get him wrong he cares for his family but right now, those emotions were like blank pages and they no longer have the purpose to move him forward like in his past life.

They can call him heartless all they want but he doesn't care any longer. He doesn't like being treated as a fool any longer.

The pride of his position that he was given wouldn't take it after countless of trials.

"Coo."

The white owl on his shoulder tapped him softly gaining his attention away from his thoughts.

Cale looked at the creature questioningly but flinched. Those golden eyes were piercing him as if it knew what he was currently thinking but it averted its gaze from him to the children in his arms.

"They're dangerous! Nyah!"

"What should we do mister?"

It's not fitting for children to ask something like that and to think they can sense danger at this age is giving an uncomfortable feeling to his chest.

He didn't like it.

Children should be playing around, rolling in the grass with a smile etched to their bright faces with no worries at all.

But this, it's only proof of how cruel the world is.

No.

The people as well should be put to blame as well and he can't deny the fact that he's one of them.

"Mister?"

"It's nothing. And stop calling me mister. My name is Cale."

He patted them and they both unconsciously leaned feeling the warmth from the redhead.

"So what's the plan mis- Cale?"

"Simple. We're going to destroy the whole swamp."

Both siblings were baffled as they looked at him as if he was crazy and Cale pretended not to see that as he called out the creature on his shoulder.

"You, can you not speak human language?"

"Coo~"

"Are you playing with me?"

"Coo~"

"Haa. Whatever."

He was about to ignore the strange creature but then someone spoke inside his mind.

- Are you not afraid of the consequences of your actions?

Cale was shocked alright, afterall the owl didn't say anything the moment they first met. He quickly calmed down and answered without hesitation.

"I'm not. The only thing that I'm afraid of was that I'm not able to do anything."

Consequences? What a load of b*llsh*t. He had been doing some trashy things enough for everyone to hate him, mock him, and disrespect him just to protect his once called a family.

Now that he thought of it, he was really a foolish one. These emotions of his are always taking over his body like a child immediately falling to the attachments that those feelings left for him.

Returning in his former life is not what he was expecting from those bastards for completing 'it'. But for once they can be useful sometimes in some ways. Because of it, he figured out something

A pair of reddish-brown eyes and golden eyes make contact as if understanding the former feelings.

"Please, help me. Help me to achieve it."

That's the only thing he wished for in this life.

- Very well then.

The owl flapped its wings and flew towards the moon as the light cast down upon them.

- I shall get rid the people who dares to block your way.

The wind around them started to become cold and ice slowly spread surrounding the whole swamp.

The cloaked group notices the sudden changes to the atmosphere.

"What is happening?!"

"Go look for the source!"

"Up there!"

Wings spread widely as the energy grows stronger around the creature and gathers in one place creating an orb that grows bigger and bigger.

And then...

*BOOM!*