Chapter 04

A/N: I'm still alive (⁠・⁠–⁠・⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ

_______________________________________

Freezing wind enveloped the whole area but it didn't affect the certain redhead under the pact between the owl and the children in his protection.

He watches how the swamp and the occupants turned into frozen solids the moment the ball of ice falls to them and explodes, releasing a dense cold air and ice.

"Break."

Under his voice, everything starts to collapse to pieces of chunks of ice making it look as if a storm descended upon the place.

Then he felt something landed on his shoulder and the source of that power dissipated.

- How do you like it?

"I like it very much." He grinned.

- Glad that you feel satisfied. This is only a portion of my powers. Use it well until I recover the rest of it.

"Does that mean you can do much stronger than this?"

He calmly gazed down at the destruction made by the owl in his shoulder.

- Yes.

'How viscous.'

Not noticing his own smile grew wider making children flinching having a bad feeling that what might be the redhead's thinking of.

"Nyah? What's that?"

The red kitten pointed out in a direction with his paw to where the mist started to disappear.

"Is that a corpse, nyah?"

The silver one added and looked at the man who had his eyes widened.

"That's..."

As they all looked closely at it, they immediately figured it out.

"A Dragon..." They gaped.

But Cale is looking somewhere else. Something within the remains of the Dragon.

- Ancient Power.

He nodded confirming his suspicions. To think he'll be seeing one in this dreadful place.

- Do you know that fear is the best method to take your opponent's breath away?

Cale frowned by the unfamiliar voice suddenly spoke in his mind but answered nonetheless.

"... I'm aware."

He hasn't heard any of these situations where an ancient power can speak. It looks like some mysteries are still lingering in this world that hasn't yet been discovered.

"Of course it's a futile attempt to dominate your enemies if you don't know how to act accordingly to the role."

Memories flashes through his mind making him smile. How much did he miss doing something memorable.

- I guess you're right. Kahahaha!

'A crazy guy...'

A crown from the skull of the corpse flew towards  Cale and turned into small fragments entering his heart.

- Even bluffing sometimes can help you avoid death. Make good use of it!

He could feel the power surrounding his heart and his charisma heightened even though he never needed it. His own existence had its own charisma and no one has ever dared to argue about it even though he was once proclaimed trash.

- Are you planning to collect more?

"Mm. In order to get away from their suspicions, I need something to cover my own powers, especially yours now that I attained it as well that I have never heard before that is something that is not related to mana or ancient powers."