Chapter 02

"Mom, is there another continent that exists other than Western and Eastern Continent?" A child curiously asked the woman who's caressing his red hair while holding a cup of tea in her free hand.

She put down her cup and looked at her son lovingly. "Why'd you ask?"

"Because I found this!" He raised a handkerchief that has something drawn in it making the woman halt.

Silence envelopes around them and the child is smart enough to notice the atmosphere as he questioningly stares at his mother.

"Mom?"

"? Oh right. I'm sorry dear, it's just it reminded me of something when I was a child."

"What is it mother? Tell me! Tell me!" He asked with sparkling eyes and the woman hesitated but sighed in the end. She's really weak towards his son.

The woman patted the seat beside her and the child quickly obliged, sitting beside her mother while taking a bite of the cookie.

"It's about a story that has been long forgotten by people and... It also relates to the handkerchief that you're holding right now. Do you want to hear it?"

========================================

The light started to fade, Cale and the two kittens were greeted by the sight of the place that was filled with marble and ice with gold details creating a unique aura around them.

Both kittens were at awe by the sight and jumped off to the ground looking around in amazement.

As for Cale, whose eyes were solely focused at a statue placed in the pillar that is surrounded with vines and roses made of ice.

He felt a sense of attachment towards it and the power residing inside him that has been asleep for a while now was reacting to it, leading him closer to the statue.

'It can't be...'

Tightly clutching his pocket and his mind went to wander.

"... They were born since the world was first created and contain the power that was feared by the many. The reason is that they are "◼️" itself and they can change it that even the gods cannot do. But it still depends on whether the world is in crisis."

"Then why did they let the world be like this? If they have the power to do so then they should be here and end this war avoiding the world's impending doom."

"Why don't you ask them yourself and stop asking me that as if I know the answer, you fool."

"I'm being serious here you son of a-"

"B*tch? I know. Hahaha!"

Memories came pouring down that he didn't know would be important enough to become a guide to his current life but then it hit him.

A sudden dreadful feeling starts to grow within him.

He looked at the statue with golden engraving around it that has a faint glow in it. Cale took a step closer and grabbed a knife, slicing his palms, and putting his bloodied palm at the pillar.

'Did my body just move to its own accord?'

Before he can even say anything, the blood starts to float up fluidly at the center of a magic circle beneath the statue and the blood letting itself absorb by it. Then the ice vines and roses started to thaw turning into beautiful red roses, as for the vines crawled up to the statue creating few cracks until it spread around finally breaking the statue.

The debris of the statue gathers around turning into a ball of light making him subconsciously close his eyes.

*SHIIII-!*