| 12 |

Now playing:
Feels Like Summer by Childish Gambino

☀︎

He exits the house with a huge smile on his face. He looks over to his friend group that is sitting on the patio furniture, waiting for him.

Felix grits his teeth in a playful way. "Sorry I took so long."

Jisung, who is sitting with the couple who just came back, shakes his head. "You're good." He says.

Jisung and Felix have spent the whole day in the pool and down at the beach, with the older group of boys. Jeongin and Seungmin came back over after dinner, and the other two boys got out of the pool to eat— then take a shower.

Felix took longer that expected because he had gotten sand everywhere. It took a very long time to get the sand out of his hair and clothes.

He takes a seat next to Jeongin. The younger smiles and lays the blanket over the both of them. Felix smiles too, before turning to Jisung. "I'm so tired." He says, leaning on Jeongin.

Jisung chuckles, looking over to Felix. "Me too." He nods. "And my back hurts from when Chan threw me in the pool."

"He did what?" Seungmin furrows his brows, confused.

Jisung looks to the male next to him with a frown, nodding hastily. "He threw me in the pool!" He says, "I was running from Minho because he was going to throw me in, then Chan picked me up from behind."

Felix giggles. "It can't be any worse than Hyunjin throwing me in."

Jeongin snaps his head to Felix. "Jeez, what else did we miss?" He chuckles.

"Nothing really." Jisung shakes his head. "We kinda just spent the day in the pool and down by the shore. It was fun and all, but you guys were better off spending your special day together." He teases.

Seungmin smiles, blushing a little bit. Felix points a finger, "Seungmin's blushing." He coos with a smile.

"Aww." Jeongin chimes in.

"Shut up." Seungmin spits.

Felix smiles. He sucks in a breath, looking out to the sunset. It's always so beautiful in the summer. The beach, and the pink sky, and the birds flying by. The waves aren't splashing aggressively either. It's just calm.

Jeongin turns his head to find out why Felix went silent, finding the male zoned out. He smiles. "What's up with you?" He asks, softly.

Felix just shakes his head. "I don't know." He looks back to the boys, "I'm just in a mood."

"Good or bad?" Seungmin asks.

Felix shrugs. "I don't know.." he says. "I think I'm just realizing that this is almost our last summer." He says. "I mean.. next year is our last year of high school, and then what?"

"Then we go off to college." Jisung says. "Which shouldn't be a problem, because we can all just go to college together.. or neighboring colleges."

"I know.. but." Felix starts, but stops and sighs. "I just worry it won't be the same." He says. He fiddles with the blanket, zoning out. "I don't know how my brother isn't freaking out about it."