I sat there in silence for a moment looking at all the older men walking around the yatch club.

Finn, next to me took a deep breath before speaking.

"What time do we have to leave?" He asked

I pulled out my phone, my eyes siting on my home screen lock photo of me and my friends before looking at the time.

"Probably should head out in like 30 minutes." I explained

Finn nodded his head, his dark brown moving with it. His sharper jaw line could be seen better from this angled, and I realized it today when we were walking just how toned and jacked his arms were.

My mind flooded with the image of him in just a towel this morning and I had to quickly clear the image out of my mind.

It wasn't like I was emotionally attracted to Finn, hell I'd know him for less than 48 hours. But he was however very very attractive on the outside.

"Should we just head out then?" Finn asked pulling me from my thoughts

I nodded my head signing my dads name on the paper receipt. It was a bad habit but I knew that if I did so the servers would just shread the receipt and forget that me and Finn ever ate here.

"Well roomie I think I know a lot more about you now." Finn said jokingly as we stood up from the table

"Oh ha ha." I replied, "you still don't know the color of my toothbrush." I joked

Finn bite the inside of his cheek as he thought, a habit I was starting to notice he did a lot.

"Ok fair, but I'll figure it out. Hell I'll look tonight." He stated.

Rolling my eyes we exited the Yatch club building and made our way down the docks.

I knew where Luke's family boat was by heart, If you couldn't find Luke he was most likely on the boat.

As we walked up to the boat, Luke walked onto the deck. Hands on his hips like a middle age dad.

I stepped on the deck with Finn right besides me.

Luke walked right up to me not saying a word until he was close to my face.

"I heard Kia payed you a visit." He said his voice monotone

"Yeah, don't worry I dealt with it." I said not dropping too much information with Finn around.

He didn't have to know, not that part of Ocean Bay not why my parents were so chill.

Not yet at least. It was better to try and keep him innocent and in the dark.

"She hurt you?" Luke asked surveying my face quickly

I shook my head no.

"Was Josh there?" He asked to which Finn raised an eyebrow.

Great now he was officially curious, and curiosity always kills the cat.

But Luke was just concerned for me and rightfully so.

If anyone understood what kind of menace to society the Brookies were it was Luke. Even though I had been apart of them.

I joined the brookies about a year after my parents started fostering Luke.

The brookies convinced me that they were better than the masters program in every way possible.

How they got to be that good?

I found out later on about the cheating that went on behind the scenes to get certain surfers to win.

Not to mention the entitlement they all had.

I began to be someone I should have never been.

Went to parties that ruined my rep, dated a guy who was flat out abusive and still wouldn't leave me alone, and did some way illegal stuff myself.

One illegal activity included robbing the masters building because it sounded like fun to the Brookies and Kia said I was a pussy if I wouldn't do it.

In the end we got caught and all of the Brookies blamed it on me, Luke tried to take the fall but I wouldn't let him.

He said, that as my brother, the years in and after me being a brookie were the hardest.

Simply because he hated seeing me be a person I wasn't to fit in and because it hurt him to watch me try and fit back in after I'd wrecked so many friendships just to be apart of the brookies.

"No, Josh wasn't there." I assured Luke who stepped away from me.

He turned towards the cabin of the boat, giving a small wave to Finn to say hi before turning back towards me.

"Tell the Brookies, if they come near you again to stay away or its their bodies the coast guard will find in the harbor." Luke stated coldly before making his way into the cabin

I sighed softly to myself, it was fair. Luke's reaction towards the brookies had always been harsh especially his hatred towards Kia and Josh.

I looked over at Finn who was looking at me slightly confused, asking for awnsers.

But I didn't know what to say to him.

He had to know more to understand, maybe had been here when it all happened. It was too much to put info words.

I wasn't even able to explain everything to Luke. He only found out when he was yelling at me one day and I flinched when he raised his hand.

He connected the dots way faster than I thought he would, but even then I could put it into words.

I just cried, whispering Josh's name to give Luke some idea on what happened.

Words: 1380