Date with an Original Hybrid

Start from the beginning

"Whatever you want it to be, love." He responded coming over sitting down on the edge of the bed where we were sitting close to each other. "It can be simple or expensive. Money isn't a problem, Raelyn." 

Biting my lip I tried to think back to what kind of date I wanted to have be my first. Since my brother and I were raised almost off the grid we didn't do any dating. "What if I don't know what kind of date I want, Nik?" 

"Then we can do everything. Whatever your mind can think of." He responded by meeting my gaze with those baby blues. 

Tapping my fingers on my legs I quickly thought simply replying back to him. "I'd say take me out to dinner but you don't have to go overboard. I've never had a date with anyone. So I'm gonna be completely nervous honestly." 

"Then you should be spoiled just a little. So long as I am the one taking you to dinner.' He clasped his hands together rising to his feet heading towards the doorway. "Wear whatever you want. We can go buy you some more clothes later. I won't tell Rebekah." 

Climbing out of the bed I opened the closet door of the blonde original flipping through her outfits. Most of them showed too much in my opinion but there was a dress that looked pretty simple to my taste. Slipping the dress over my head I eyed myself in the mirror noticing that it was a light red-orange that fell down to my knees. It had thin straps and I paired it with some cowgirl boots that I had bought with Caroline one day. Walking out of the room I twirled my brothers necklace in my hands clipping it behind my neck seeing Klaus waiting for me. "I must say Caroline has rather good taste. Shall we, Raelyn." 

He insisted on driving a car that surprised me considering I thought he would just vamp us everywhere like normal. Looping my arm through his he opened the door for me where I noticed that we had left Mystic Falls and were in the next toes over at a steakhouse. He pulled out the chair for me then heading to his side of the table. "So is this too much for you?" 

"It's fine. Just don't go overboard on the first date okay." I told him simply leaning back in my chair. 

He smirked slightly proud of himself already. "There will be more than a first date then, love." 

"Don't think I will boost your ego bigger than it already is, Klaus." I warned him seeing him open a bottle of champagne pouring me some. 

He watched me raise it my lips just sending me a smile across the table. He was wearing a black dinner jacket with a white shirt underneath it. With some black pants and some dress shoes but not as fancy as what he wore the other night. "Tell me about yourself, Raelyn Lane." 

"I don't know what to tell you. I mean can't you just enter my mind with your vampire powers or something." I asked not seeing exactly what I could tell him that he couldn't figure out on his own. 

He threw his hands up then intertwined them together resting his chin on them once more. "I could, yes. But I won't for you." 

"Hmmm..okay. Let's see, I don't really have any friends since it used to be me, my brother and our parents. I've never had any of the firsts but now I can cross first dare off the list and first drink of alcohol…" I paused snapping my fingers at the hybrid. "Oh I haven't really traveled anywhere." 

"Well then darling where do you wish to go. Paris, Rome, London." He perked up at me grinning. 

Raising my hands I almost couldn't take the original hybrid seriously. He was honestly overwhelming me at this point. I never intended on finding someone like him to be the guy that would take me on my first date. He's basically a prince charming from the fairytale we are told as kids but he has a slight darker side. Maybe even I do too. "Woah, woah, Klaus Mikaelson. I am no where near the level of high folutine princess material-" 

"You are to me, Raelyn." He reached across the table grasping my hands in his, there wasn't a second of hesitation in his sweet tone. "What can I do to make you see you the way you are hmm?" 

Glancing at our intertwined hands I sighed slumping my shoulders tapping my thumbs over his palms. "I could show you the memories that haunt me, but not here. The spell requires me to have somewhere to lay down since it will drain my energy." 

"Then we shall go, Rae. And I'll show you the man I am." He tugged me to my feet where the dress twirling around me softly. 

I lifted my gaze up to his sucking in a breath when our noses hit one another. I had never been this close to a guy that wasn't my brother when we wrestle each other on the living room floor. Klaus moved his freehand not in mine to my waist tugging me closer with his eyes roaming over my body in the dress. He did the same thing I wore the dress he picked out for the other night and I feel my cheeks turning a bright red. He leans forward and I began to lean towards his lips until we were inches away from kissing so I pulled my head back lightly clearing my throat. "Uh we should get back to the house if you want to talk more." 

"Uh right…right Raelyn." He cleared his throat watching me walk towards the doorway where he felt his face turn s little red thinking back on the moment he almost kissed her. 

Comments really appreciated ❤️