Sparking/Surge Husband Shu Kurenai x Pregnant Wife Reader

Start from the beginning

Had it not been for your insistence, he would've kept the maid but after your pregnancy, you were so bored without anything to do so he had to dismiss her. You were one unique piece who enjoyed doing household work.

But now when you're pregnant again, he's hired another maid, and this time, you're not even allowed to touch the kitchen. And he's not having your request for dismissing her. His statement:

"You're gonna be a mom of two kids. We need a maid to do the chores in my absence. I'm not letting you wear yourself out with looking after the kids and doing the chores. That's it."

His actual intention to hire a maid was to make sure you're still left with enough energy when he comes back home at night. Otherwise, how are you supposed to spend time with him after the kids are asleep?

But lately, Shu himself had been getting less and less time every day to spend with you and (D/N). Which is annoying you.

He used to come home by 7:30 p.m. latest but now he usually comes back at 8:30 p.m. or sometimes even later (like 10:30 p.m.).

Yes, you understand that sometimes he does overtime and doesn't get the chance to inform you about it but nowadays, it was going overboard.

You were starting to wonder what took him so long at the Bulls. Every time you asked him, he used to say, "Ah! It's nothing. Just work."

You never pushed him to explain because you thought he might do it himself someday. But now, you were reaching your patience limit.

While (D/N) played with your hand and dress, you looked over at Shu who was humming happily as he was cooking up the dinner.

'I wonder what you're hiding from me, Shu.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Timeskip:
After dinner:

Now you and Shu were in bed, cuddling each other. Your baby bump was not big enough to get in between you two...yet.

(D/N) was sleeping peacefully in her cot with her toys and the albino had a smile on his face as he gently caressed your belly.

You, however, weren't in the moment. Your mind was instead on contemplating whether you should ask about it or not.

After a long while of debating, you took a deep breath and decided to ask him.

"Hey, Shu?"

"Hm?"

He responded softly as usual and you were a little reluctant as what you were gonna ask, might ruin the atmosphere.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, my love."

"What 'work' do you do at the Bulls that takes you so long to come back?"

"Why do you ask, (n/n)? You know it already. I do paperwork, mentor students and do some practice with Spryzen myself. Sometimes paperwork takes me time to complete."

He said without stammering but by the look on his face, you knew he was hiding something. And when you asked, he got nervous about it.

If he wasn't going to tell you, you're gonna find out yourself. You put up your casual face as you said,

"Oh, I see. I was just curious, Shu."

"Oh. Alright (n/n)."

The albino said before kissing your forehead and closing his eyes. You both slept peacefully in each other's embrace for the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day:

After Shu left for work, you quickly finished the chores of the house and left (D/N) with an elderly lady in the neighborhood. This lady was very kind and always willing to help. (D/N) too, loved to play with her.

𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 || 𝑺𝒉𝒖 𝑲𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒂𝒊 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara