Welcome Home 2 (with an entourage)

Zacznij od początku

They made their way to the door and America unlocked it with the keypad. He opened the door, and barely took a single step inside before an excited voice cried out,

"Daddy!" The pattering of small feet was heard, and a short, humanoid figure launched themselves at America.

America's arms wrapped around them. "Montana! How are you doing?" America's demeanor instantly changed, and he looked much kinder dealing with this... Montana.

"What." Russia hung back at the door, confused.

"Oh, heheh. It seems I forgot to tell you about my states." America let go of Montana, and rubbed the back of his neck with a hand.

"Your wha—"

"Dad's home?!" A shrill voice cut him off.

"Dad!!"

"We lost fire extinguisher #6! Also don't look in the yard!"

Several more 'states' came running to the entryway where they were standing. They were of various ages, but they all seemed to be kids or teens. At least, these ones were. He wasn't sure how many more there were.

Several of them faltered when they saw Russia, but that only seemed to increase their curiosity.

"Dad, are we getting another dad?" One of them asked, staring up at Russia with bright, admiring eyes. Russia simply gaped at them.

"Yeah, did you marry him? Is that where you went?" Another questioned, grabbing America's arm.

"Where's your shirt, dad?" Montana pestered. Their conversation was all over the place, with many of them speaking at once. More states kept appearing, probably drawn by the excitement.

Someone asked, "Why are you handcuffed?" and then another one— one of the older ones— smirked.

"He's only been gone for like two days! Have you been keeping it secret?"

"Two days is a perfectly normal amount of time to meet and get married! I think..."

America finally found a time to speak. "No, no, we're not... married." He looked at Russia strangely. "And Utah, usually it's a bit longer than two days. This was an accident, and we have to wait a few more days until UN will take it off." He explained articulately. Russia didn't know that he was capable of explaining something so clearly.

Utah blinked, and then nodded. "Are you guys dating then?"

"Absolutely not." Russia was appalled at the idea. Him? Dating America? He shivered at the thought.

"No," America chuckled. He looked at Russia humorously. "Kids, am I right?" He seemed to think it a joke. Was he not also disgusted at the thought of dating him?

"Hm." One of them squinted skeptically. Looks were shared between others. Looks that he had no idea what they meant.

America ignored their response and started wading through the small sea of children. "Georgia, where's the rest of the Thirteen?" He asked an older girl, who looked to be in her twenties physically.

She thought for a bit, and then replied, "New Hampshire went to Walmart with Vermont, Virginia's in the backyard, North Carolina is studying, New York is attempting to sleep, Delaware and Pennsylvania are wrangling children, and everyone else is probably in their rooms."

Russia was honestly impressed that she knew all of that. If he had to keep track of all these states, he'd surely forget half of them.

"Oh, okay! Could you go get the ones that're here?" America smiled.