The Extremely Important Canada POV

Canada didn't like Russia.

The Slavic country has been enemies with America since the moment they met, and they've only ever argued or spat insults at each other. At the beginning, America was hurt by his jabs. But now, he's hardly affected at all. He's starting to think that they're doing it more for fun now than actual hate. Which is certainly an odd relationship, but if it wasn't hurting anyone, and they were getting joy out of it, then what's the problem?

He absently looked over at them again from across the car. Russia's head was back against the headrest, and America was still leaning on his chest.

Wait, did Russia fall asleep too?

His eyes were closed, and he was breathing slowly and deeply. His arms were loosely wrapped around America. It would've looked really sweet, if he didn't know them.

He entertained the idea of them not being enemies. What if they were friends instead? Maybe even lovers? That'd be so weird, honestly, but Canada would support his brother's decision anyways. Things would certainly be a lot more peaceful.

He wasn't going to lie, they were kind of cute together. They almost looked like they were cuddling. Thinking about it now, Russia was very much America's type. The amount of times he's listened to him prattle on about people with similar body types and features was pretty dang high.

Canada smiled softly. If they didn't want to rip out each other's throats, they'd be adorable together, really.

The thought reminded him of Japan's latest work. America had brought it up earlier, but it seemed that he didn't know what it was about. It was obvious why Japan didn't tell him— it was about him. And Russia. It was an already 15k word slow burn romance fanfic about them.

He hated that he knew what those words meant. Maybe his earlier thoughts had been influenced by Japan's writing, but he really did think that they'd make a cute couple!

He lightly tapped Japan on the shoulder. "Look at them," he murmured, pointing at America and Russia with his thumb.

"I've seen," she responded, but looked at them through the rear-view mirror anyways. Her eyes softened. "They're so cute," she laughed fondly, and looked back at the road.

Canada was only being quiet because he didn't want to wake either of them up. Japan had told everyone in the car about her story on the way to Russia's house.

"Those were my thoughts too!" Excitement crept into his voice.

"How do you think the past couple of days went for them?" Japan mused.

"I don't know. They're still alive though, so it must have been all right!" Canada reasoned.

He suddenly remembered what he had seen that morning. It kind of made sense now, but them sleeping on the couch together and America's lack of a shirt made his mind instantly jump to conclusions. Why they were sleeping on the couch and sharing a blanket, he didn't know, but at least he had an answer for America's bare top half now.

Canada was glad he didn't live on Earth. Or, well, regular Earth. The Countryhumans' realm was like a condensed version of Earth, but on one continent called Pangea— Named after the old Pangea, of course. You could drive across it in around 10 hours. It mostly consisted of the big cities, but there were some more rural places as well. There are humans on Pangea too, but they live strictly here. They don't know that Earth exists, and humans on Earth have no idea that this realm exists, either. Or the Countryhumans. So yeah, he was glad he didn't live on Earth, because the drive would've been a LOT longer. Plus, they would've had to fly overseas!

UN headquarters was in the center of the continent, making it easily accessible by all countries.

The drive wouldn't be that much longer... He'd say maybe 30 minutes? It was a shame, really. This was one of the only times where Russia and America could be near each other and not wanting to rip the other one to shreds! Y'know, unless there was more that happened in those two days than he thought. It wasn't very likely though! They seemed to hate each other still. His little interrogation earlier proved that.

So he sat and watched the domestic moment the two very different countries shared. It wasn't every day he'd get to see something like this.

Fun little cute little Canada bit! I could've totally left this out but I love my boy Canada and also his thoughts need to be heard 🥺 Pretty sure everyone in this car ships them now, maybe probably because of Japan. Maybe.