Friends And Foe

"SPLIT!" Anzel took a sharp turn and dove towards the battlefield.

Noah flew forward, pulling the invisible sting back. An arrow appears only to glide down. Reanna's eyes darted down to the field, she pulled her arrow back when she saw a Lost Soul leaning towards Olivia.

The wind screams as Reanna plunges into the air, instantly she throws the bow up. She pulls her legs to get her chest and holds out her arms. She felt fabric fall on her hands, it slithers on her arms wrapping itself around her shoulders and torso. Reanna couldn't help but smile as the familiar feeling of wings came back. Her fingers graze the tips of metal feathers.

I missed you

The quiet whisper of wings flapping surrounds her. Quickly Reanna peers on the field, eyeing a clear spot by the entrance she flew towards it dodging the arrows soaring around her. When she landed, Reanna took the metal wings in her hands and pulled them off. They change in her hands, molding into two thorin swords. She swung them at two Lost Souls who reached towards her.

"REANNA?" Sam's voice screamed over the slashing of metal against bone.

She peers around to see a thick layer of ash running towards her. Pulling her sword up she kept an eye on the battle around her well watching the ash. A figure ran towards her. A skeleton ran toward her, twirling it's scythe around itself.

"Thank the gods you're here. We need all the help we can get," Sam quickly said as he slid towards her.

Reanna tossed one of her swords and  grabbed his sleeve, just before he lost his balance. She held both swords with one hand.

"What happened here?"

A thin red tail arches around her, the knife strapped into the end stabs a Lost Soul. Reanna dropped his arm and put her back to his, she felt his bony structure against her body.

"I don't know, they just ran onto the bridge and started attacking everyone." Ahead of them a Lost soul bit into a Reaper, it swiftly tossed the Reaper aside limping towards them. Sam continued. "They aren't ea-"

"-I know," She placed the handles of her blades together, they connect and bend to form a bow.

They are turning them, why?

"What do you need me to do?" She lifted the bow up, aiming it towards the Lost Soul and pulled the string back.

"We need to keep them out of the castle, if the leader manages to open the prison we're all dead,"

She ducks, avoiding an arrow that soars. It penitrates the leg of a lost soul, torn clothes drop to the ground.

"We need higher ground, we're useless down here,"

Scanning the ground ahead of her, Reanna saw a handful of demons running out the castle with scythe's in their hands. In the corner of her eye she saw Sam slightly smile.

"There isn't a tower close enough," Sam shouted, his chest shot forward.

In between the black cloaks of Reapers, suits of Reclaimed Souls and the clean clothes of Demons Reanna saw the grey skin of a Lost Soul.  She glances at Sam and saw the tip of a metal feather lodged between his ribs.

Thanks

Quickly she yanked the feather out and threw it towards the Lost Soul. She put against her back, when she felt wings on hrback she flew up to see a puff of dust in-between the reapers. Reanna smiled.

A few demons stood on the steps with spears in their hands.

Please let me be wrong

Her smile fell when she saw them raise their spears and throw them into the battlefeild. Most of them hit reclimed souls, who turned to sand the second the metal touched their skin. Others hit Reapers, who snapped their head back only to get jumped by Lost Souls.

Fuck