Chapter 23: The Forever Flame of Love (Final)

Yesterday was your first anniversary with Verosika. Both of you are surprised that your relationship is lasting as long is it is, but neither of you are complaining. You've sworn to love Verosika forever, it feels like nothing could go wrong anymore... Right?

You wake up bright and early with a loud yawn, just like yesterday. Though, you notice you dont feel Verosika clinging to your body like she usually does, but you dont think much of it.

Y/n: Alright Verosika, time to... wake up?

You look beside you and notice that Verosika isnt laying next to you. You find this odd, Verosika doesnt usually get out of bed without waking you up first, but you keep positive, and assume she's trying to surprise you with your favourite breakfast or something.

Y/n: Might as well get out of bed...

You get out of bed, put some clothes on, and head down to the kitchen. Though, you quickly realize that Verosika isnt in the kitchen either.

Y/n: Huh... okay, this is starting to get a little odd...

You leave the kitchen and go to the livingroom, but she isnt there either.

Y/n: This is getting worrying...

You spend over thirty minutes searching the mansion for Verosika, but, she is no where to be found.

Y/n: Okay Y/n, dont freak out... M-maybe she had to go somewhere... i'll g-give her a call...

You pick up your phone and dial Verosika's number, but, it doesnt pick up... you dial, and dial, and dial, but she doesnt pick up...

Y/n: Ooookay Y/n, maybe you should freak out a little bit... wait! M-maybe she had to go to the studio for something!

You pick up your phone and dial the studio's number. This time, the phone picks up, but instead, you hear Vortex's voice.

Vortex: Hello, Verosika Mayday's studio, how can i help?

Y/n: TEX! Is Verosika at the studio!?

Vortex: Uhm, no, she isnt. She hasnt been here all morning.

Y/n: Shit! O-okay, thanks anyway...

You hang up.

You start thinking about all of the things that could have possibly happened to her, until, something hits you... you remember what Alastor told you the other day... that in the close future, Verosika would be kidnapped by a human government group.

Y/n: N-no! Theres no way that's happening already...!

You scramble around the mansion and find the old radio that Alastor gave you. You tune it just right, and in a puff of runes and symbols, Alastor appears.

Alastor: Ah, Y/n, my dear friend! I see that you have summoned me! What seems to be the issue?

Y/n: Alastor... do you remember what you told me the other day... about Verosika being kidnapped soon...

Alastor's expression slightly changes.

Alastor: She's missing, isnt she?

Y/n: Yes... d-dont tell me... they've got her today... please...

Alastor: Im sorry to say this, but, today is infact the day the humans planned to take your lover.

You drop to your knees and start laughing nervously.

Y/n: Haha... No, this is a joke, a-a prank... haha... it cant be today, not so soon...

Alastor: This is no prank, they really have stolen her from you.