𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Start from the beginning

"How about you come with me, okay? I'll take you to a place where they can get you a home, does that sound okay? We'll look for your brother in the meantime." Fatgum informed her.

"I'm going to an orphanage?" She asked him quietly.

"Don't you want a family that can take care of you?" He asked.

She shook her head. She had grown comfortable with this man and didn't want to let him go. He would just be another person leaving her, and she liked him. He, even though he probably didn't mean it, acted more of a father to her in the 10 minutes she's known him than Endeavour did in the 5 years she'd been at the Todoroki's household.

"I wanna stay with you, Fatgum..." She mumbled in his hero costume. That shocked him. She wanted to stay with him? He honestly couldn't resist the girl and decided to adopt her on the spot. Just thinking of having a daughter to love and take care of made him internally squeal with happiness.

"Of course, you can stay with me instead. I'll sort out the papers and things later, but first let's get you some stuff for tonight. We can get more stuff tomorrow and my shift's done anyways." He said with a grin plastered on his face.

"Really? You're taking me in?" She asked him with hopeful eyes. Touya and her mother, Rei, were the only reasons she tolerated living with the Todoroki's. And finally having a caring father to look love, care and look after her sounded fantastic.

"Well yeah! You can continue calling me Fatgum, or anything you'd like really. Just take your time. I know that this is happening really fast, but you look like you need some parental love and affection. Just tell me what you're comfortable with." He told her with a warm smile. She really couldn't believe that someone decided to take her in withing 15 minutes of knowing her, but she was more than happy with it.

"Can I call you Papa? I never really had a good one before..." She hesitantly asked him. Fatgum couldn't contain the ear-splitting grin that stretched upon his face and the light laughter of happiness that came with it.

"Your more than welcome to, little Y/n. Let's get to know each other better, how does that sound? I'll ask a question and we both answer. And then it's your turn to ask me a question. But you don't have to answer all the questions. How about that?" He asked her. She nodded and he began thinking of what to ask her first. He decided to start simple.

"What's your favourite colour? Mine's Yellow." He asked her.

"F/c. What's your real name?" She answered.

"My real name is Taishiro Toyomitsu. I'm guessing you don't have a surname, right? When I adopt you, would you like to take mine?" He asked her.

"I would like that, Papa. How long have you been a Pro Hero?" She smiled at him. Her smile alone could melt his heart. It's gonna kill him someday, he knows it already.

"A few years now, 2 or 3. Not very long but yeah. When's your birthday? Mine's on the 8th of August."

"3rd January, are you always this fat or is it your quirk? My quirk is called 'Reprogram'."

"Yes, it's my quirk. It's called 'Fat absorption'. I can allow myself to withstand the abuse of my enemies and concentrate whatever physical force my body had taken in and reflecting it at the villains in a single attack. What does your quirk do?" He said as he deactivating his quirk, deflated his body and returned to his normal human size. His hero costume hanging loosely on his built frame.

"My quirk can basically create anything. It forms through tiny f/c pixels that come out of my hands and form the object or liquid. Though need to know the chemical formula or how the object or liquid is made that I'm making. The bigger the item, the more energy I use and it makes me really tired. If I lose concentration while creating something, it disappears and I needs to start over. If you must eat with your quirk, what is your favourite food? Mine is f/f."

"That's so cool! You'd make a great hero someday if that's what you want to be, of course, but you can b anything you want to be and I won't judge you. And my favourite food is Takoyaki! What is your favourite animal? I'm not sure specifically which animal I like, as I like many different ones for different reasons."

"I like f/a. Um... I don't know what else to ask..."

"That's okay! Just ask away when you have any question at all! How old are you?"

"I'm 5!" She exclaimed with her hand holding up all five fingers.

They continued asking questions to each other and getting the clothes and stuff for Y/n that she need for a night. As it was already late and most people were at work, they could spend a lot of time in the mall. After getting supplies for her, Taishiro took her to her new home.

His house wasn't big, but neither was it small. It consisted of 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a small living room, a kitchen and a dining table. It was the perfect size for Y/n.

"Sorry. I know it's not much, but it's what I have for now-"

"It's perfect, Papa. I love it!" She happily grinned up to him and hugged him with her arms tightly around his leg. Taishiro let out a sigh of relief and hugged her back.

"We can make the guest bedroom your room. I can let it get paint somewhere this week? And maybe we can get things to decorate it later on. Does that sound good?" He asked her.

"Yeah!" She cheered.

"What do you want for dinner? I could order us something to eat for tonight, but tomorrow we'll have to get some healthier options with your clothes."

"Can we have f/f please, please, please?" Y/n asked him with puppy eyes. Taishiro couldn't resist it and agreed while laughing at her. She cheered and ran around him in joy of getting her favourite food. He quickly ordered it and he led her to the living room to watch something on the TV as he fixed her new room and waited for the food. The food came rather quickly, and they both ate their food happily together.

After they ate, they went to brush their teeth. Taishiro helping her occasionally because she was falling asleep, then he picked her up and carried her to her new room to tuck her in bed. Her head was resting against his shoulder, hair spawled out over her back and in front of her face and breathing peacefully.

He tucked her gently into bed and placed a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Thank you for coming into my life, Y/n. I'll try to take good care of you, my little one."

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Fatgum is aged up for this story!! In the current story timeline of MHA aged up to 34 instead of 29. Right now in the story he is 23.

Also, I know that this chapter was a bit fast, but I want to start with the beginning of the MHA plot!