Siege (1)

"Let's see how strong it is."

"W...what the hell are you-" Issei's response was cut off as a heavy punch sent him hurdling back. 

"It's exactly how it sounds." Suk-chin answered. 

"You want to go after the fallen angels at the church to save your friend. You want me to help." Suk-chin told him. "But I don't want to help you."

"So then-" Issei tried again, but Suk-chin tripped him with a kick he couldn't even see coming. Issei faceplanted, and Suk-chin spoke again. "You might be thinking, why am I doing this? Why can't I just refuse and let you move on?" He said. "But it's too bad."

He grabbed onto Issei and lifted him up into the air. "I won't tell you." He tossed Issei across the playground, making the brunette groan painfully as he landed on the other side of the sandbox.

Suk-chin hopped over the monkey bars, squatting atop them. "You want my help? You want to save that girl? Then prove yourself."

"You..." Issei struggled to his feet. "First, Rias tells me to stay away from Asia. She tells me I'm not allowed to see her, or to save her. And now you. You tell me I can't, and you even go this far..."

Standing up fully, Issei glared at Suk-chin, summoning his sacred gear. "Fine, you asshole. I'll take down anyone who tries to stop me and go save Asia!" 

He had barely gotten to finish his sentence before he got a kick to the face, knocking him back again. "Then please do your best, mister boosted gear."

Issei had decided to finally fight back, but unfortunately, he didn't really know what he was doing. His attempts at fighting back were clumsy and ultimately futile. He threw a punch at Suk-chin, and he didn't even bother to dodge it. 

"That wasn't even cute." Suk-chin smacked Issei in the head, knocking him into the ground. "Is that all you've got?" 

Issei's gauntlet shined for a moment, and he forced himself back to his feet. "Like hell it is!" He ran at Suk-chin again, but the attack he launched was sloppy. His feet were unbalanced, and Suk-chin easily tripped him. 

"You have no idea how to fight. The only move you know is the single one I taught you." Suk-chin commented, as Issei trembled on the ground. "You can't beat a single fallen angel, much less the entire group. So what is it you plan to do, then?"

"I'll-"

"You'll figure something out?" Suk-chin interrupted Issei, knowing what he was going to say. "You'll die before you do."

Issei jumped up, trying to hit him, but Suk-chin smacked him away and continued. "Be honest, you never really considered it, did you?" He asked. "You talk about wanting to save her, but aren't you completely useless as you are now?"

Standing back up, it was barely a second before Issei got bashed in the head, sending him tumbling yet again. "Do you think you can win if you get back up enough times?" Suk-chin asked, watching as Issei tried his best to stay on his feet.

Issei struggled to get to his feet as Suk-chin approached him. "If you're this weak, then you can't do anything, no matter how many times you get back up. Even with the boosted gear. You'll just die." Suk-chin didn't even give Issei the time to get up before kicking him, making him roll across the ground. 

"You talk about saving her. But if this is all you've got, won't I be the one doing it all instead?"

"I-it... doesn't matter as long as she's safe." Issei argued back as he stood up again. "Is that really what you think?" Suk-chin asked, letting Issei charge at him again. He grabbed the brunette by the shirt, lifting him up into the air with a single hand.