Chapter 6

Prepare for a lot of angst

' ¤ ▪︎ ° • ☆ • ° ▪︎ ¤ '

Jimmy stormed into the apartment and immediately ran to his bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

Grian sighed and plopped face-first onto the sofa.

"Canary is Jimmy."

It seemed like a stretch, but... Jimmy was obsessed with Canary and he disappeared from school at random times, which... were the same times that Canary showed up somewhere in the city.

Groaning and rolled over onto his side, Grian pursed his lips. Didn't Jimmy care about him? Not that he knew Grian was Parakeet, but if Jimmy really loved him, he wouldn't be a hero.

' ¤ ▪︎ ° • ☆ • ° ▪︎ ¤ '

Grian was knelt down at the alter with his head held low. Everyone else was gone now, but Grian still wasn't satisfied. He wasn't going to leave until a miracle happened. That's what he was there for.

"Please," he whispered, tears in his eyes. "You did it for Joel. Why can't you do it for me? Why don't you love me, too?"

Suddenly Grian was standing before his mother and his father. They were yelling at him. Why were they yelling at him? He didn't do anything wrong. He just wanted the same attention they gave Joel. Why didn't they love him?

Now he's standing face-to-face with Xelqua, the god he so desperately wanted to love him. And they were speaking to him.

Soon, everyone will adore you.

Grian gasped and sat upright, his cheat heaving and tears pouring uncontrollably down his cheeks. When did he fall asleep? His head hurt, like someone was stabbing him over and over again in the back of his skull.

"Are you okay?" Scar asked, looking startled. He frowned when Grian didn't respond. "Babe?"

Grian shook himself. "I need painkillers," he grumbled, getting up from the sofa. Though, he wasn't up for very long before he was falling over.

"Oh- Grian!" Scar rushed over to help up his boyrfriend. "Jeez, you need to be careful."

"It's just migraine."

"Yeah, a really bad one," Scar huffed. "Lay back down, I'll get you the painkillers."

Grian sighed and let Scar take him back to the sofa to lay down. What the hell was that dream? he thought, rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands. Jeez, if my head would just stop throbbing- He sighed again and sobbed. "It want to rip my eyeballs out and pull out my brains through my eye sockets."

Scar giggled. "Well as, uh... relieving as that sounds," he said, "I can't let you do that. As your partner, it's my job to keep you safe and alive." He sat down on the sofa next to him, handing him two pills and a small paper cup of water. "Hopefully this helps."

Grian quickly took the pills. "Two more," he said, making Scar frown.

"I'm not aiding an overdose," the brunette huffed.

"I'm not going to die from taking two more."

Scar reached over to bap Grian's head, but gently so he didn't make his boyfriend's headache worse. "You're not taking two more."

Grian rolled his eyes, and Scar kissed his cheek. The dirty blonde smiled softly when he did that. "I love you, Scar."

"I love you, too, Grian," Scar said fondly before kissing the dirty blonde, moving closer when it started to get heated.