Chapter 4

Forewarning, there's a short make-out sesh at the end of the chapter (There's no actual smut, sorry if I've disappointed any of you /hj/lh)

Anyway, enjoy!

' ¤ ▪︎ ° • ☆ • ° ▪︎ ¤ '

"Hey, G," Joel whispered, shaking a sleeping Grian, who groaned and smacked Joel's face before turning over and snuggling against Scar's back. "Oh, my- Grian-"

Grian groaned and rolled back over to face Joel. "What?" he whispered.

"Jimmy's gone."

Grian had never woken up faster. "What do you mean he's gone?" he asked urgently but quietly, sitting upright carefully to not wake up Scar."

Joel sighed and wrapped his arms around himself. "I went to the bathroom for a while - that TV dinner did not agree with me-"

"I didn't need to know that," Grian said, grimacing.

Joel rolled his eyes. "Anyway," he continued, "I was in there for a good ten minutes, but when I got back, Jim wasn't there. I checked the kitchen, the living room, the office, and he was nowhere."

"Did he go to the ground floor, maybe?" Grian asked. "He said he likes to get some fresh air sometimes when it gets stuffy in here-"

"The window was open."

Grian froze. "I'm going to kill him," he whispered, then got out of bed to walk across the hall to Joel and Jimmy's room. He stopped when he saw the window open. "I'm seriously gonna kill him."

' ¤ ▪︎ ° • ☆ • ° ▪︎ ¤ '

"Aeor?" Canary whispered, then peeked inside a small room that was dimly lit. Lying, beaten, in the middle of the concrete floor was the hero Canary was looking for. "Oh, god..." He rushed in and knelt next to Aeor, who covered his unmasked face.

"Don't look," he said. "I already have to give up my license, please-"

"Why do you have to give up your license?" Canary asked, confused.

Aeor sobbed. "I shared my private information with a villain," he said, "and I endangered everyone at my school and my own family. I can't be a hero if I-"

"I don't think that was in the contract," Canary interrupted.

Aeor paused. "Huh?"

"The contract," Canary repeated. "You know, the long boring list of rules we have to follow, the punishments we receive when we break the rules, how many and which rules have to be broken before you give up your license?" He shrugged. "I thought our licenses were only suspended if we gave out private info like that.

"But showing my face to other heroes is against the rules and can get my license revoked on top of that," Aeor said.

"I probably don't even know who you are," Canary said. "We can keep it a secret, as well. I'm sure the others like having you around enough to lie a bit for you."

Aeor sighed and removed his hands from his face. "Fi-"

"Oh my god-" Canary blinked. "Sco-"

Aeor hurried to clamp a hand over his mouth. "Be quiet!" he hushed him. "So I guess you do know me, then." He rolled his eyes. "Do I know you?"

Canary hesitated before nodding, and Aeor groaned.