Chapter 5

TWs: blood/gore and very violent death

You might cry. I know I did.

' ¤ ▪︎ ° • ☆ • ° ▪︎ ¤ '

"Dammit!" Parakeet screamed upon seeing the hero-less room. They turned to Golem, Blaze, and Psionic who fidgeted awkwardly. "You!" Parakeet pointed to the three of them, all of the inanimate objects in the room glowing a neon purple and beginning to levitate. They paused and took a deep breath, everything falling from the air, then they smiled. "You three are so lucky I have somewhere to be soon," they said, unnervingly calmly, "or you would be locked up, covered head to toe in your blood, and begging me to out you out of your misery. But you should write your wills in case I'm still angry later."

The three of them shivered, as well as the other villains behind Parakeet.

"What were you doing while they escaped?" they asked, their smile dropping.

"W-we were trying to get information out of Aeor," Golem stammered. "Blaze was torturing him and-"

"Wait." Parakeet held up their hand. "Blaze was inflicting wounds?"

She nodded, and a small grin formed on Parakeet's lips.

"What information did you get out of him?"

Golem glanced at Blaze and Psionic before looking back at Parakeet. "Just some useless stuff," she said. "He has two moms, works at the Chromia Tavern, and goes to St. Peril Univeristy. Oh, and his name is... Scott? I think-"

She was cut off when Parakeet burst out in laughter, the villains around them all exchanging confused looks. "That's perfect!" they shouted finally. "Oh, you three are getting a fucking promotion." They sighed, wiping away a tear that had formed from their cackling.

Psionic's eyes lit up. "A promotion?"

"Yes," Parakeet answered. "You get to live."

' ¤ ▪︎ ° • ☆ • ° ▪︎ ¤ '

"What are you planning?" Joel asked as Grian snapped his fingers and changed out of his villain suit after the other villains left. "I can smell your bloodlust."

Grian smiled innocently at him. "I'm going to kill Scott," he said simply. "He's probably the one that let the heroes free. Not to mention that he's suspicious of us now. Well, at least me. He recgonised me after you said you worked here." They walked into the store, where there was a little old woman waiting at the counter. "He's in the way."

Joel snickered. "Well, you have fun with that while I'm here doing boring stuff," he said, ringing up the lady's items.

"Oh, I will enjoy every second of it."

' ¤ ▪︎ ° • ☆ • ° ▪︎ ¤ '

"Are you guys ready?" Grian asked, grabbing the picnic basket.

Scott nodded and watched Grian smile and walk to the door, then leaned over and whispered to Jimmy, "I'm not sitting next to him."

The sun was barely over the tops of the tall buildings when they left the apartment, and it was hanging high in the sky when they got to the park Grian so desperately wanted to go to instead of the state park close by.

"Look how much prettier it is here," the dirty blonde in question said, clinging to Scar. "We should set up... over there!" He pointed to a shadowy area beneath a tree. "That way we won't get sunburnt."