30.

~Garrison~

Once I get to my hotel, I give Samantha a call and get no answer.

I try her again after showering and still nothing.

Not even a text. She usually always at least texts me to let me know whats up with her.

I just I'll try her in the morning. It is going on 2 am, maybe she's asleep.

First thing I do upon opening my eyes is check my phone and there's nothing from Samantha.

I just decide to head over to her foster parents house and it's just as I remember it. Oh, how I remember sneaking around the back of the house to come stay the night when we were younger. The back door was the door with the alarm sensor that never worked and her dad always forgot to get it fixed.

I get out of the car and walk up to the door but before anything could be said or done, the door flies open and her brother SJ comes out and grabs me up by the shirt.

"Yo, what the f-" I can't even speak he throws me to the ground and punches me repeatedly. When I finally get my shit together to give it right back to him, Mrs and Mr. Mallory come out to encourage SJ to stop.

"This is not how we handle shit! Get up SJ, and go in the house!" She yells.

He's pulled off of me by his dad and I find my footing, angry and completely confused, I just watch SJ go in the house.

"I'll catch your bitch ass another time."

"Stop it!" He's grabbed by his mom.

Her dad turns to look at me and he spits on the ground in front of me.

"My wife doesn't like the sight of violence, so that's the only reason I didn't let SJ fuck your bitch ass up. You put your hands on Samantha and slept real good at night between the legs of some whore. And to then have the nerve to come here for what? You looking for her? Well she ain't here and you'd be a fool to think imma help you find her. Go ask one of your "friends" for some help in that department brotha. Don't come 'round here again."

What the fuck he mean by ask one of my "friends"?

He trying to say she fucking around on me? Where the hell is she right now if she ain't here?

~Sam~

Jabari holds the phone up as we hear the nurse on speaker.

"The results from the tests came back completely normal, your baby boy is in full health according to what we've seen thus far. The doctor would like to follow up with you guys in person and go over a few preventative measures amongst other things. When can we schedule your appointment?" She asks sweetly.

"Um, never, and you guys will be getting a bill from us for pain and suffering. This shit is ridiculous, my wife damn near jumped off the bedroom balcony..." Elijah hits him in the stomach and he laughs. "I'm just playing ma'am, forgive my fucked up humor, we can come in tomorrow, the first appointment in the morning usually works for us."

When he hangs up he hugs her.

"Jumped off the balcony, really?" She laughs. He smiles kissing her and Kyler pulls me closer to him.

"I told you our boy was alright in there. You know I got them strong ass swimmers. Stop playing with me." He kisses her again.

"Shut up." She lets out a sigh of relief resting her head in his chest. He kisses the top of her head.