Jumbie

I woke as the plane landed and walked down the platform with only eighty euros in my pocket and one singular suitcase. Looking around at all of the people and the huge airport made me feel a little bit queasy, and small. Which I suppose I was at sixteen, already moving abroad to Germany from England. It'd been a dream of mine for quite some time, and I'd been studying German for years, waiting for the day I could finally fly out there.

I took a deep breath and went to take a step, however something hit the back of my head before I could. It crashed to the ground, and I turned to see what it was. The culprit appeared to be a mechanical airplane, which was now losing its propeller. I picked the broken plane up and scanned the area for the pilot. What I didn't expect to see was Tokio Hotel's lead singer rushing over, holding the remote and apologising profusely.

"I am so sorry, please forgive me!" Bill pleaded, his voice dripping with guilt. Unsure how to react, I just nodded in response. My legs felt like they were about to give way beneath me, and my heart was racing at alarming speeds. With shaky hands, I held out the airplane and it's broken propeller.

"Oh no, Jumbie!" He gasped, heartbroken at the state of his plane. I raised a confused eyebrow at the naming of the mechanical plane but chose against questioning it. Bill took the small plane from my hands and cradled it in his own.

"I could probably fix it, if you'd like," I offered and his face lit up. By now, the rest of the band were approaching.

"Really? For how much?" He asked excitedly, reaching into his pocket for what I assumed was his wallet, but I shook my head at him.

"No need for payment. I'd be happy to!" I smiled at him and thought for a moment. I didn't exactly have anywhere to go from here. "Actually, maybe there is something."

He tilted his head, waiting for me to continue.

"Could I maybe stay with you? I don't have anywhere else to go." I asked hopefully. The rest of the group had arrived now, and Tom rested his arm on Bill's shoulder making a whistling noise.

"Bill's finally talking to a pretty person I see," He teased earning himself a smack from his brother. Bill looked at me, then turned to the band. I held my breath while they all whispered amongst themselves, and after around five minutes they finally reached a verdict.

"Well I don't see a problem with it until you can find your own place. Neither does anybody else, so welcome to the group!" He beamed.

"Oh I'll make them feel real welcome alright." Tom smirked, while everyone else gave him a disapproving side glance. He raised his hands defensively and I laughed a little.

"There's just a few things you need to know about us. We're in a band, called Tokio Hotel." I already knew who everyone was and what they did, but it was still sweet how enthusiastic he was about it, so I listened through it all and introduced myself.

"Well that just about covers it! Now come on, it's already getting late and you must be tired." He said happily, leading everybody away. I smiled brightly to myself and jogged after them.

Oh. My. God. I was staying with THE Tokio Hotel.