79TH GEAR - GRATITUDE OF THE SPELLBLOOM FLOWERS

Начните с самого начала

"Is that so?"

"Yes!" Flu slightly crawled and pressed her face forward to mine. "So don't thank me. I should be thanking you instead!"

"What for?"

Flu looked at the pinkish-white petals on the ground.

"I am such a failure that I always rely on your kindness. Even though I have lost over and over, you never gave up on me. Even though I am stupid, awkward, and annoying, you kept on being there by my side. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you, Coach!" Flu bowed down.

"I should be thanking you for that too," I said.

"Huh? Why?" Flu immediately raised her head.

There are so many things I'm grateful to Fluonessia that I do not know where to begin. Gradually yet consistently, she has guided me to this juncture, taking me to this location that I've despised since I discovered that I cannot cast magic.

"You are the reason why I am involved with Speed Battles even though I am magicless. I do not know what I would be doing right now if it wasn't for you." I said.

"Eh? Are you talking about when I asked you to become my coach?"

"Yeah. I never thought you'd have to cry about it." I chuckled.

"Ah! I-I'm so sorry! I was just really really really desperate!" Flu cried.

"And that is what I liked about you the most. That wholesome enthusiasm you have transformed me."

She made me remember the days when my father took me to Speedmage Tournaments. She made me remember the spark of joy I lost the day I discovered I am magicless. And now, this spark of joy is something I will never forget ever again.

Thanks to her, my love for Speed Battles returned. Not only that, but my desire to run at extreme speeds and use magic has lit my impossible dream aflame.

"If it wasn't for you, I would have ignored Speed Battles and mages altogether for the rest of my life," I said.

It almost seems like Fluonessia has been driving me up to this point. It was like destiny has given this permission for us to meet again and to give me hope to grant all my shattered dreams. She even gave me a chance to run like a Speedmage.

"Thank you, Fluonessia." I muttered.

"..."

Flu's face became beet red while maintaining her adorable smile. Her azure blue eyes twinkled and locked unto mine.

"I am glad that you gave me a chance to use speed spells and run alongside you," I added.

It is beyond my ability to describe the extent to which she has had a great impact on my life. She even stood up to protect me from the discrimination of other mages, including when she stood up against Gaylord for me. And now, she filled out a hole in my heart and removed my weakness with her strength.

No matter how much I thank her, it will never be enough for all that she has done.

I hugged my knees and looked at the vast orange skies.

"Jonathan."

Fluonessia whispered my name.

"Jonathan."

She called out my name for the second time with her super soft voice.

I finally turned to her and I saw her figure in front of a clear sky. There was a cool ocean breeze that made all the pinkish-white petals fly around like butterflies in the background. The sun behind the beautiful girl is finally sinking to the horizon.