10. 𝑨 𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉

Start from the beginning

Toneri nodded "Noted.... " he shifted in his seat, "Are you seeing anyone?".

"Toneri! You said you wanted to befriend me!" She stated with a giggle. Of course she knew he was gonna ask that. He'd already been flirting with her but still!

"I said I wanted to get to know you... so asking if you are or aren't single falls in that category" he said cooly.

She rolled her eyes "Since you're so eager to know I'm-"

She paused.

Was she single? Her and Naruto were supposed to announce to the world since they were officially a couple soon. But she doesn't know Toneri so he isn't someone who gets to know about their plan. Yes she was privately single but either way.... Was she allowed to say the truth?

"I'm single... for now".

He raised an eyebrow "For now?"

The blonde came to mind.

"Yes... for now".

"So that means sometime soon you won't be?". He was smirking. This was interesting. He didn't expect to be guarded about this.

"It just means for now I'm single and maybe someday I won't be".

Toneri could tell she was getting flustered and it made him smile. If she was playing hard to get, he didn't mind playing catch.

She felt a buzz from her phone, a text from Naruto.

"I have to go... this was fun". He got up with her and took her hand, kissing her knuckles once more. "This was fun. How about next week, same time and place?".  She nodded, "Sure".

He started to walk off, "See you next week... friend" he said with a wink.

                                        ***
Hinata nearly ran into the main library to see Naruto sitting down in the poetry section.

He actually looked like he was heavily interested in the book. She couldn't help but stare. His face was so calm. He had a defined jaw.. some scruff was growing on him. His hair was also just a tad bit longer. He arms bent as he sat down & she mentally traced his tattoos. Most of them black but some with a little color. He looked rough, but also so soft?

How can a guy achieve two things at one time?

He must've felt her presence cause he turned and smiled "Hi princess, what took you so long?".

It was like he got up from the floor in slow motion. When he walked only a couple of inches and again she was so enthralled by how much bigger he was than her. He leaned an arm on the shelf, biceps curling slightly.

"Oh uh, the study session went a little over. I'm sorry about that".

He smiled "It's not problem". He grabbed her hand and the two walked out of the library.

She couldn't get Toneris question out of her mind and it made her nervous. They were walking towards his car when she suddenly halted.

"Princess what's wrong?".

"Naruto... I have a question".

He nodded. "Are you... seeing anyone?".

He suddenly felt red in the cheeks, scratching the back of his head awkwardly "Oh uh..."

She put her hands up in defense "I'm sorry! It's just that I was thinking.... Well what happens if we like someone? We never really discusssed that. I guess there wasn't a need to because we'll you're trying get back with Ino. But how would we-"