Finn had yet to be exposed to all the good and the bad Ocean Bay. He was a surfer, he would eventually face the bad side of it but the longer I could keep him from it the better.

I would never say it aloud, but I knew that I'm a good surfer.

I'd attracted both the good side and the bad side of surfers, got caught up in the bad side and made some decisions I shouldn't have. My friends were the only reason I made it out.

Ocean Bays a hot spot for surfing, if Finn is any good at it the Brookies will be on him fast. Which could lead to a lot of trouble.

"Well, Finn." I stated as we got closer to the house, "since you'll be living here all summer I guess now is the time to ask me questions."

I'd never been good at introductions, in fact I hated them. Thats why I gradually become friends with my group now, they just accepted you right away. No need for the silly question you would find those awnsers out eventually.

But I guess be and Finn didn't have eventually, we were living together now. Not tomorrow, not in a week, now.

"Well, I guess what are your parents like? They seem chill." He stated

I tilted my head back and forth.

"Yeah I guess they are, there aren't a lot of rules." I explained, "they just expect that you communicate about nearly everything no matter what it is."

I turned and walked up our smooth driveway, walking onto the front porch I unlocked the front door.

"You got a car?" Finn asked eyeing the 3 car garage.

I hummed a yes.

"Yeah a 69 bronco sport." I replied opening the front door.

We both stepped inside while Finn looked at me in surprise.

"You into cars?" He asked while picking up his suit case.

The house was quite, my parents slept upstairs and even then they made a point to have a majority of the house sound proofed. There was the quite hum of the can lights in the ceiling and Phelps (my dog) lightly snorting in his bed.

"Kind of, honestly its more Luke's thing." I explained while showing Finn to his room.

I opened the door and looked inside the room, it was weird for it to be occupied again.

My parents stopped fostering after Luke so they stopped using the room. Every other guest we had stayed downstairs.

It hadn't really changed, it still had a window looking out to the ocean and several Layne Beachley and Kelly Slater posters tapped to the wall above the desk.

There was even a photo of Luke and my family at a water park on the dresser.

Finn set his bag on the bed and contemplated for a moment before speaking.

"Are you and Luke... a thing?" He asked choosing his words carefully.

I chuckled slightly, stepping into the room and leaning on the light grey wall.

"No, he's my brother." I said, the explanation confusing Finn.

"My parents used to foster kids a lot growing up, Luke was the last and longest kid they fostered. This was actually his room." I explained

I always left out the part that my parents were planning in adopting Luke until the Reislings said they would like to adopt him. Even Luke didn't know that part, it was a last minute decision.

"Gotcha." Finn said in reply to my explanation.

He looked around the room, taking in its sights I let him for a moment before speaking.

"My room is just down the hall," I said using my hands to gesture, "well be sharing a bathroom, its also in this hall."

"Ok" Finn said taking in everything I was saying to him.

It was late and he had to be more than tired.

"My parents sleep upstairs and everything is sound proof so play your music as loud as you want. Downstairs is the movie room/ bar, all the liquor is unlocked but asked before taking some. My dad will have your ass if you take the expensive stuff."

Finn laughed slightly at that.

"Your parents are a lot more chill than mine." He said softly

I swallowed down some nervousness that was sitting in my throat and replied in the same soft tone.

"Yeah, well they know that I could be way worst of a kid."

We stood there in silence for a moment and I studied his posture.

He was definitely ripped under that sweatshirt one could just tell, but the way he removed everything from his suitcase was so gentle.

I watched as he slowly removed a shirt and carefully placed it in one of the dresser drawers.

I scuffed to myself slightly as part of my mind thought about how hot it kind of was.

"Well, I'm going to go to bed. If you need anything come and get me or text me." I said as I began exiting the room.

As I did Finn mumbled out a thanks.

Making my way down the hall Phelps got up from his dog bed and joined me in my room.

I turned on my light only so I could see where I was going.

Though 2 out of my 4 walls are windows, with no moon out tonight my room was practically pitch black.

I changed into pajamas before settling into bed with Phelps at my feet.

Though it was strange to have the room down the hall occupied again, there was a new type of comfort to it.

Looking out my window outside I watched as the tree leaves rustled and some waves crashed on the shore.

Hell I'd gladly play babysitter if it meant I got to hang out with Finn all summer.

Words: 1373