Weddings Are Overrated, Right?(Part 2)

Start from the beginning

And since it was a Saturday, Zoey knew she could find her twin at one of three places: The East New Orleans Regional Library reading a book about sightings of paranormal activity, the Dryades YMCA pool swimming laps or at one of a dozen bakeries with Savannah trying to find a wedding cake. And after she wasn't able to find him at the first two locations, she finally found him at The Sweet Life Bakery waiting in line to place an order. Zoey had already played out the conversation in her head:She asks Wyatt if he can step outside with her to talk privately, she takes him to one of a dozen back alleys in town and then murders him for breaking Savannah's heart. As she got out of her car, she could see a couple people eating cupcakes and talking with their friends and family inside the bakery, but she finally spotted Wyatt at the front of the line, his face showing no sign of heartbreak.

The bell announced her entrance, and Wyatt turned and flashed her a bright smile, happy to see his sister. Suddenly, Zoey couldn't wait to take him outside to talk. "How could you do this?!" she let out angrily, her hormones getting the better of her. "And just a few months after Nick was born, no less!!! This was supposed to be the best year of my life, but you went ahead and ruined it!!!!" As Zoey paced back and forth, her dark-chocolate brown hair flailing around as she did, Wyatt could only watch his pregnant twin sister go into a very un-Zoey yet very-Zoey like rant about something he wasn't sure he quite understood. So far, he'd caught on that he was the responsible party for.....whatever the hell it was that Zoey was talking about. But he really couldn't defend himself, not when his brain had completely and totally shut down, leaving him standing there in the center of the bakery, his mouth slightly parted as all his words died in his throat. His eyes were also wide in reasonable confusion and he felt his cheeks flush in embarrassment because other people were now staring at his pregnant sister continue to rant and flail her arms all around and blame him for things he stopped listening to. But in Wyatt's defense, he really couldn't be blamed for only getting snippets of a very confusing rant 'cause whenever Zoey went on one of her crazy, anger-fueled rants, she was honestly more scarier than any ghost they'd encountered when they went on a cross-country road trip and visited the most haunted places in America back when they were in college. And now that Zoey was heavily pregnant, the scariness of her rants had been turned up by ten, no, fifteen percent.

So Wyatt shook his head to clear out some of the shock, and that's when Zoey's incomprehensible rant slowly started to make sense.

"-Calling it quits!!! Ugh!!!! After everything we've all been through together. I still can't believe it myself. I mean-" The redheads stomach dropped so fast he could've sworn he was riding a roller coaster at Six Flags. But he was smart and quick enough to shake his head again before he grabbed Zoey by the shoulders to stop her from pacing back and forth in the middle of the bakery and leaving a wake of destruction behind. "Wow, wow, wow, Zoey!!!! What do you mean "calling it quits"? I'm not breaking up with Savannah." said Wyatt calmly as he brushed a lose strand of her hair out of her face. "Oh yeah? Explain this to me, then." said Zoey, still glaring at her brother as she unlocked her phone, almost literally shoved it in his face and then showed him the text that Savannah had sent her earlier. Wyatt took the phone with shaking hands and read the message slowly and carefully before he started to laugh incredulously like a madman, much to Zoey's utter surprise and horror. "What's so funny, Wyatt?!" she growled threateningly as she grabbed her phone back out of his hands as he continued to laugh hysterically.

"Okay, I don't know what she was thinking when Savannah sent you that text, but I can promise you that we haven't called it quits. Remember a couple weeks or so ago when both of our phones went dark for a couple days and neither you, Griffin, Harper or Topher could text us?" asked Wyatt as he wiped away a few stray tears that had fallen down his face while he was laughing like an idiot. Zoey just nodded her head curiously, wondering where this story was going. "Well, that's because we'd flown down to Vegas and eloped. Look, long story short, we were both equally tired of all the planning and waiting for our wedding so one random Saturday a few weeks back, Savannah suggested that we go down to Vegas and elope and then we could still have the big church wedding just for show and no one would have to know. And also because Dad's never really approved of Savannah." said Wyatt without missing a beat, letting out a huge sigh when he finished speaking.