✧ ˚ 9· nine .

Beginne am Anfang

Ava struggled to speak, tears welling up in her eyes. "I... I don't know," she replied, her voice barely audible.

Tony quickly pressed the nurse call button, urgently calling for help.

Pepper held Ava's hand, her voice filled with concern. "It's going to be okay, Ava. The medical team will take care of you."

In an instant, Ava's body tensed up, and her limbs began to convulse uncontrollably. Her eyes rolled back, and she gasped for air, caught in the grip of a seizure. Tony and Pepper's hearts pounded with fear and concern as they witnessed the distressing sight.

"Oh my god! Ava!" Pepper exclaimed, her voice shaking.

Tony's instincts kicked in as he called for help. "Nurse! We need help in here!"

The medical team rushed to Ava's side, taking immediate action to stabilize her and provide the necessary care during the seizure. They skilfully managed the situation, but the sight of Ava in distress left Tony and Pepper feeling helpless and worried.

As the seizure finally subsided, Ava's body went limp, and she appeared exhausted and disoriented. The medical team continued to monitor her closely, making sure she was stable.

Tony and Pepper stood by her side, their eyes filled with love and concern. "Ava, we're here," Tony reassured her, his voice gentle and soothing.

Pepper gently wiped away tears from her eyes. "You're going to be okay, sweetheart. We're right here with you," she said with unwavering support.

Ava slowly regained consciousness, her breathing gradually calming down.

As Ava's eyes fluttered open, she found herself surrounded by the familiar faces of her father, Tony, and Pepper. Their worried expressions softened into relief as they saw her awake.

"Hey, you're back with us," Tony said, his voice filled with genuine concern and affection.

Ava nodded weakly, her throat still sore from the coughing fit. "Yeah, I guess I am," she replied, her voice still raspy.

Pepper offered her a small cup of water, and Ava took a sip, grateful for the soothing relief. "Take it slow," Pepper advised gently.

Ava nodded again, her mind trying to piece together the events that had led to this moment. "What happened?" she asked, her memory still a bit hazy.

Tony placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "You had a seizure, but the doctors are taking care of you now. They're running some tests to figure out what caused it," he explained.

Ava frowned, trying to process the information. "Is it because of the accident?" she asked, her concern evident.

"It's possible that the stress and exhaustion from everything you've been through could have contributed," Pepper replied, her voice gentle. "But the doctors will give us a clearer picture soon."

Ava looked at her father and Pepper, feeling a mixture of emotions. "I'm sorry," she whispered, her eyes welling up with tears. "I never wanted to cause all this trouble."

Tony's expression softened, and he pulled Ava into a gentle hug. "We know, sweetheart. We just want you to be okay," he said, his voice filled with love and understanding.

The medical team carefully monitored Ava as she drifted back into slumber, ensuring her comfort and safety. Tony and Pepper stayed close by, not wanting to leave her side for a moment.

As Ava slept, her dreams were filled with fragmented memories and emotions. The events of the past few days, the reunion with her father, the confrontation with James, and the heartfelt conversations with Tony and Pepper all swirled in her mind. Mixed with the physical exhaustion, her emotions seemed to cascade like waves, leaving her feeling both overwhelmed and relieved.