Surprise, Bitch

The alarm clock rang, it was exactly 6 AM in the morning. Esther groaned, flipping around her bed before hitting the snooze button.

"Five more minutes..." she sighed into her pillow. But she couldn't sleep anymore. The extra five minutes were useless. Esther sighed, as she sat on her bed running her hands through her hair after taking off her bonnet.

"Day 678" she murmured getting out of bed. Esther dragged herself to the bathroom, splashing cold water on her face to wake herself up. She looked into the mirror and saw the exhaustion etched on her face. Day 678 of her relentless pursuit of success.

As she brushed her teeth, Esther mentally prepared herself for the day ahead.

After her morning routine, Esther dressed in a sharp business suit, carefully selected to make a good impression. She walked out of the door and looked around before running around her house corner and heading into the straight path until reaching Junior's house.

Junior was Esther's first kiss and boyfriend, back when they were both 10. But when they reached age 13, they both realized their relationship was pointless. They didn't break up or anything, just continued being friends, together with her best friend Normani.

The three are inseparable. Well, that was until Normani and Junior hooked up, which made things awkward between them since Junior had feelings but Normani didn't. Long story short, the two avoid each other. But Esther is good with the both of them.

She knocked at his window and he opened the window, with a smirk he leaned at it.
"Esther. You look awfully fancy today" Junior spoke. "I bought a suit. You know, to convince the old people better" Esther smirked.

"How is the online business?" Junior asked. Esther shrugged. "It's... definitely dying. Less and less people are ordering homemade necklaces." Esther answered.

Junior sighed at that. "Well, I know you'll find a way to substitute that" he punched her shoulder softly and she smiled looking down. "I will."

"Well, anyways. To the real reason you're here" Junior spoke. He rubbed the palm of his hand above his clean-shaven head before grabbing a box from the floor and sticking it out of the window.

"Damn, that's a lot of stuff." Esther says, surprised. "Yup. It all needs to be sold by 11 PM since you're taking my ma's car. Don't forget. 11 Pm!"

Esther nods. "I won't disappoint, Captain. Where's the car?"

Junior smiles at her and points to the parked minivan while handing her the keys. "Thank you, Junior," Esther said and walked into the mini van's direction.

. . .

The city was just starting to wake up as Esther made her way through the bustling streets. She spotted a group of people gathered near a coffee shop, chatting and sipping their morning brew. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to approach potential customers.

Esther took a deep breath, put on her best smile, and approached the group. "Good morning, everyone!" she greeted them cheerfully. "I couldn't help but notice your lovely conversation. My name is Esther, and I have an incredible product that I think you might be interested in."

Curiosity flickered in their eyes as they turned their attention toward her. One person spoke up, a middle-aged man with a skeptical expression. "And what is this incredible product you're talking about?"

Esther opened her bag and pulled out one of the samples. It was a sleek, cutting-edge gadget that promised to make their lives easier. "This is the latest innovation in smart home technology," she explained. "It's a device that can control your lights, appliances, and security systems with just a few taps on your phone. Imagine the convenience and peace of mind it would bring to your daily life."