Chapter 9

THE BEGINNING

     "I will always be waiting for you...."

That words keep lingering in Becky's mind and played like there's no pause in the audio. She keeps thinking about what Freen said last time they meet, and it make her head hurt so much. Sometimes she felt there something in her head that she felt so heavy. She sometimes had this one painful moment where she hears a ringing sound and makes her head so hurt badly. But she doesn't know what to do and what made she hurt like that. She doesn't want to tell Irin about her sickness and make her worry.

"I think I need to take a nap for a while." — Becky talks to herself that she needs to take rest for a minute to calm herself down. Becky at home alone without Irin that she goes to work on that day. Luckily Becky doesn't have a schedule on that day so that she can rest a bit before they start working on launching the new wear collection and she might be on a tight schedule in future too.

Becky finally fell asleep. She needs a good rest from her headache. After an hour she asleep, suddenly her phone vibrates.

*tinggg* 📱

Becky awakes from her sleep and look at her phone. She saw an unknown number texted her.

      *1 unread message*

Then she opened it and read the message from that unknown number

      08-0898 ****
     - "You didn't come to office today?"

She confused in her half asleep. But then she still replies to that person.

      - "Who's this?"

      08-0898 ****
      - "Freen"

Then she surprised by the word Freen on her screen. She gets up and sit properly on her bed. She didn't expect Freen to texted her.

      - "Oh Miss Freen. Sorry I couldn't recognise
         your number. Did you need to see me? I'm
         sorry cause today I'm not in the office and
         I've nothing on my schedule. So yesterday
         Mr. Tao said I can have a rest for today."

      08-0898 ****
      - "Ah no wonder I didn't bumped into you at
          the elevator this morning. Do you have a
          time today around 7pm later?"

      - "Yeah, I've nothing on my plan today. Why
          Miss?"

      08-0898 ****
      - "Could you send your house location to me?  
           I'll pick you up later."
      - "For dinner. If you don't mind."

She suddenly felt blank and stare at her phone for a minute.

      - "Ah okay. Will send you in a bit."

      08-0898 ****
      - "Thank you. See you later!"

Then she locked her phone and put aside at her bed. She's been staring at her wall blankly for what just had happened with the sudden text and invitation for the dinner. Is she inviting other also? Is she only invites me? What with her agenda again that makes her head hurt again. But then she doesn't want to disappoint Freen and said yes to her invitation because she is Becky's boss after all.

Just a few hours left before Becky going for dinner with Freen. She is facing another problem which what she needs to wear for the dinner. Did she need to wear fancy cloth? Or just a casual cloth that she always wears when she goes outing with Irin.

"Why do I have this same problem..."

"Always hard for me to choose an outfit."

"Haihhh...." Becky sighing loudly.