𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

I can't believe it. After spending 28 years of my life in a war, after dedicating 10 years of it to fight for my country...I was finally so close to see the light. I'm almost at the finish line, I am almost there...I'm those better days that I've dreamed of, while bombs were falling over my teenage head.

The days, in which I'll be with the woman I love deeply raising my child. In a home, that I won't be afraid it will fall over our heads. But to get to that point...I have to face my past. I have to end my fears. I'm done running away.

I'm standing in the middle of the field, that I used to fight on. Everything is quiet, but the smell of death is always around me sticking in my nose. They didn't even bothered to remove and burn the corpses of the dead soldiers. My heart aches as I stared at them...some of them were my mates, some of them were even younger than me.

I closed my eyes. I didn't want to watch and feel guilty that I'm alive...and they are not. My whole body was numb. For the first time in my life I felt hopeless...like I didn't matter and all my battles were pointless. The Queen stood beside me, she placed her hand on my shoulder and stood there comforting me.

"It's okay, child", she said to me softly and she rubbed my shoulder, "you couldn't save all of them, but...we are putting an end to this".

"How am I suppose to move on?", I asked her, "if I was here...if only I was here...".

"And what could've you possibly done to save them, if you were here? Child, even if you were here...you can't save everyone. Don't love with this burden for the rest of your life".

I know she was right. The guilt I felt was big, I feel like a real traitor now that I've seen how me abandoning my mates affected them. And no matter what others tell me..they will always live in my heart.

I'm walking through the streets I've once ran through with Suguru. We were playing, we were smiling and the streets were filled with soldiers with huge guns on their shoulders. I remember it like it was yesterday. The Queen is still by my side. We are both dressed in black and our heads are low paying respects to those, who lost their lives.

Not long after we reached my own home. I see one of the windows shining bright. I felt a sense of warmth in my soul to see that my mom is still alive and okay. I took a deep breath and I knocked on the door. I hear her small steps running towards the door...and when she opened it and saw me standing there..she placed her hands on her mouth.

I see her eyes filling with tears. My eyes also got teary. It's been so long, it felt like forever since I last saw the first woman I've ever loved in my life.

"Mom...", I spoke to her softly, "I'm sorry, mom, I'm sorry for running away. I'm sorry for making you worry, I'm sorry for not coming for you right away...I'm sorry, mom..".

I started crying, so did she. Mom didn't say anything to me, she just hugged me tightly and let herself cry until her soul was finally empty of all the sadness she felt over the years. No matter what I did, no matter if I ran away from the war...my mom would never view me as a traitor. She knew what I got through.

It was a precious moment for me. As a man I couldn't stop crying. The Queen also tried to hide her tears, but she couldn't. Both me and my mom were on our knees, but still hugging each other. I couldn't way to tell her I'm okay.

"I'm okay, mom, I'm alive", I said to her as her tears got stronger and louder, "I got through hell, but I'm okay. I'm happy, mom. I met a woman and we are expecting a child. I'm alive and I'm here to stop the war".

"Satoru", she finally pulled away, looked into my eyes and wiped away my tears, then a big smile showed on her face, "my precious son, my only hope and joy. I'm so proud of you, my son, for everything you did. And I'm so proud to call you my blood".

"You are?".

"From the bottom of my heart, I love you and I know your father is also proud. I know he was by your side the whole time".

I hugged my mother once again. It felt so good to finally hear someone say it. 'I'm proud of you', that's what I needed to hear. I did everything in my power and beyond to be here and to see my mother happy. All I needed to hear is that someone is proud of me.

And this gave me strength to continue. I will do everything to see everyone happy, to save them and bless them with the lives they never had.

Just watch me, dad...

...I'll make you proud too.

And I'll justify your sacrifice!

I promise.

UNEDITED

A/n-short part, but a very strong one.

Also..I'm putting this book on hold for a couple of days, because I'll be pretty busy with finals. So expect updates next week!