𝐗𝐕

The night was finally here. Another day of hard work has passed. I was washing dishes in the kitchen after me, Yuji and the kids had dinner like every night. They all got out in the garden to talk, relax and have a little bit of fun, while I was once again drown in thoughts.

The Queen opened my eyes for a lot of things, but somehow I still couldn't bring myself to just forgive y/n. Maybe I'm acting overly sensitive, but something in me gets really triggered, when I hear the word 'traitor'.

I finished washing the dishes and I put them to the side ready for tomorrow. I lean against the sealing and for a moment I closed my eyes to let my mind rest from all those thoughts. I feel like my brain is constantly working, 24/7 in deep thoughts that just don't leave me alone.

"Are you done here?", the head maid came in the room and took my attention away from my problems for a second.

"Yes, ma'am", I said.

"Good, because there's someone at the front gate, who wants to see you".

"Me?", I said in surprise.

"Yes. He introduced himself as Rononoa Zoro, or something like that".

Rononoa Zoro? I don't know anyone that goes by this name, I thought to myself. I grabbed my jacket and stormed out of the kitchen straight to front gate of the palace. But, when I reached it and walked out..there was no one.

I guess Rononoa Zoro gave up on meeting me, I smiled to myself and was ready to walk back in the palace, but then my sense got sharp. I stop in my track and I stood there listening closely to my surroundings. The only thing I could hear was the barking of the street dogs. Am I getting paranoid? I looked around.

I made a step forward and then I heard the sound of a knife get pulled from a pocket. I turn around just in time to catch the flying knife throw at my back. That was close.

"Wow, it's been a month and you haven't lost your ability to impress me", a voice spoke to me from the shadows.

I clinched my fists ready to fight whoever was trying to attack me. I hear steps coming closer to the light until the person revealed himself to me. It was mate Suguru Geto standing in front of me dressed in the same clothes we gave him that same day we separated.

"Well I be damn", I smiled from ear to ear, "I see you got a new name there, Zoro".

"What can I say?", he shrugged and also smiled from ear to ear, "I don't like taking risks like you. Looks like I got you just where I left you".

"What can I say? I live for the risk".

He made a step forward and hugged me, when he got close enough. It felt so good to know that at least one of my mates is well and alive, since we separated.

"I can't believe you're a maid now", he spoke to me after we broke the hug, "I imagined you as many things, but never as a maid of the enemy. How have you been, mate?".

"I've had my ups and down, but I can't complain much. What about you? Why are you here?".

"I'm here, cause I have news", his face changed from happy to worried, which immediately made me feel anxious, "and I don't know how to say this, but...we got caught".

"What do you mean we got caught?".

"I found out that after we left the North the army started looking for 'the traitors' all over the country", Suguru began explaining, "and they were determined to finds us".

"Get straight to the point, please".

"They found Toji...and took him back to the camp. I have no information what they are about to do to him, but I don't wanna waste any time. So I came to look for you and Nanami to get you guys and go".

"Go where?".

"I have no idea, we just have to run. We don't get much time, who knows how close they are".

Gosh, can I have one peaceful day without any bad news? Will I ever be able to enjoy one good evening without someone telling me the worst scenario possible? And now what? I have to run all my life till I get to the end of the world.

"What's going on here?", a female voice made both me and Suguru look straight to the gate, where y/n was standing. She was dressed in her white pyjamas and a white coat to keep her warm from the weather.

"Good evening, ma'am", Suguru bows to her and then put a smile on her face, "I'm so sorry for coming here unannounced, I just had to speak to an old friend".

"Are you from his camp too?", y/n asked and came closer to us, so nobody would hear us. When she asked that Suguru immediately looks at me with anger in his eyes.

"She knows?", he raised his voice at me.

"Calm down, Suguru", I tried to be rational and keep calm, "she's not the reason for our pain right now, I promise you".

"How can you be so sure? Who is even she anyway? A noble lady, a friend?".

"My name is Y/n Zenin", she introduced herself and I knew from that moment..I was dead.

"Zenin? Are you related to..".

"Naoya Zenin..he's my father", she finished his sentence and nodded her head.

"Oh hell! She's an enemy. No, no...she is the enemy...I can't believe you sold us out!".

"Calm down, would you?", I turn to y/n and crossed my arms, "what are you doing here? I thought I was pretty clear with you".

"I had to talk to you. I hate it, when you don't trust me, Satoru", she began explaining.

"SHE CALLS YOU BY YOUR FIRST NAME?!", Suguru yells out loud.

"There's nothing to talk about, okay? You made your priorities pretty clear and I don't think we can be on the same page here", I explained to her and I saw her face changed drastically.

The whole night was going down. And all of that, because I decided to run away. Looking back at it now...maybe dying at war would've been a better choice considering the situation I'm in right now. Suguru's mad at me, y/n is about to cry, the Queen will kill me, if she finds out I did nothing to change this..I'm dead.

"Look, you two can leave your problems for some other time", Suguru broke the awkward silence between us, "Satoru, we really don't have much time, so it's now or never..let's go!".

"Go where?", y/n asked confused, "where are you going, Satoru?".

"I'm going to the other traitors", I said.

"Don't start with me right now! Where are you going and why is it so urgent?".

"I have to run...again. I am in danger and I have to save myself, your highness. So, can you let me leave already?".

"You can't leave! Are you crazy?! You will be better off here than God knows where!", y/n took my hand in hers and held it tightly, "don't do it, you'll be in danger!".

"Satoru, get your shit and let's go!", Suguru spoke to me once again.

UNEDITED