𝐈

Another day, another smell of burnt flesh. It sticks into my nose, while the noise of the bombs make me bend down and hide my head. The sky seems so dark, the air isn't as fresh as it used to be. I'm hiding under a thick, black blanket as the chariot crosses the border between the East and the West.

I'm holding my gun closer to my chest, my face is covered in dirt. My mates are also laying low and we expect to get caught by the solders in any moment. The old man, who was driving the chariot was shaking. He knew damn well what will happen, if they find us, but he still agreed to save us...save us from the war.

All I see if front of me is smoke from the bombs, my eyes are barely open. In these years of war, all you could think and see is death.

I don't know how long has this lasted. It feels like the war started so long ago. I remember my father leaving with his uniform on, when I was only ten. I'm 28 now and I still get the chills every time, when I remember the day, when the army came to pay their condolences to me and my mother. The day, when I knew I lost my father.

And when I got selected for the army too, I knew I had to escape before I end up like my father. At first I wasn't scared. I thought that we all have the same faith-die for our country. But as I watched all my mates die in front of my eyes with tears in their eyes, pictures of their loved ones falling from their pockets I realised that I wanna live.

So, when I saw the first opportunity to run, I grabbed it. And my mates-Geto, Nanami, Toji and Sukuna also came with me, because we all knew where this was going.

Now we are travelling to the West straight to Boslivia, where our new life will began. And, if we get there successfully-we are going to end this war once and for all, I believe that.

My eyes are slowly closing. We've been travelling for five days without any sleep or food. My body feels weak, but my fear does not let me close my eyes. My mind is always alerted that in any moment...I might get caught. I'm sure they already know we are missing..and I'm sure we are already blamed to be 'traitors', so it won't take them long before sending someone to end our lives.

I'm tired of this misery, I just wanna go home. I wanna go home and see my mother, I wanna go home and marry a woman. I wanna have a bunch of kids, I wanna work a normal job. I just wanna live. I just want to be alive.

"Satoru", I felt someone shake my shoulder as I slowly opened my eyes. My mate Suguru was hovering over me hiding the sunlight with his big head, "wake up, we gotta go".

"Did we arrived?", I slowly sat up and I rub my eyes to wake them up a little bit more. I see the other three guys that I ran away with stand there with their arms crossed.

"We are already here",Suguru said and threw a pair of clothes in my hands, "change and burn the uniform. We can't risk someone finding out who we are", he explained to me.

We got into an old building not too far from the gates of Boslivia. There we changed into the first clothes we could find in the charity's office not too far from the West. They weren't the best fit, but it will work out temporarily. I put an old jacket on, cool and comfortable pants. I was ready to start my new life, my new journey away from the war. A fresh, new start.

"Gentlemen", Nanami turns to all of us as we were making some final touches to our brand old-new clothes, "from now on we only go by fake names

"Gentlemen", Nanami turns to all of us as we were making some final touches to our brand old-new clothes, "from now on we only go by fake names. Don't forget that".

"I'll go by Gojo", I said straight away, "it's not like my name is unique or anything".

"Okay, but nothing more than that. If someone asks for your full name-make up one and stick to it", Nanami rolled up the sleeves to his new shirt and put his hands on his jacket, "from now on our paths are separating. All of us will do whatever they wants and if we ever meet again-we won't speak about anything related to the war. It's like it didn't exist".

"And make sure you lay low", Suguru added to his words, "we don't wanna draw any attention to us and make the civilians suspicious".

So that's what we did. We burned out uniforms right before separating. And, when we were sure they were unrecognisable-we all took our separate ways to continue with our lives. I didn't remember, if I agreed to be alone in this, but I also think it's better this way.

I finally crossed the border of Boslivia. My new life starts from this time. I put my hands in my pockets and continued to walk through the streets of my new city. It wasn't what I really imagined, but it's better than war. I put a big smile on my face and I look around.

Everyone was looking at me. All the women were smiling, giggling and blushing, while all the men were wondering who I was. I was so confused, am I that strange to them? Do I look any different from them? I thought to myself.

"Hey, you!", a pair of two guards on a horses stopped right in front of me with their hands on their guns, "what's your name?".

"Gojo", I introduced myself to them with a smile on my face. The last thing I wanted was to look suspicious, so I tried to keep it cool. I had nothing to hide, right?

"Tell us your full name!", they demanded.

"That is my full name, officer. That's the only birth name I was given", I explained to them.

"You are not from here, where do you belong to? In which division are you?".

"I do not belong anywhere, officer. I've been an orphan my whole life, I do not belong anywhere to begin with".

I tried my best to look as hopeless and confused as possible, you know...like a real orphan. But they weren't buying my act at all. One of them got down from the his horse and pointed his gun at me. I raised my hands in the air and I stood still knowing damn well I can't pull out my gun to shoot.

I let them handcuff me and push me towards a carriage. I had no idea where were they going to take me, but I had to participate. Years of training, fighting and sword mastering were useless, when you're already caught. They push me inside with one kick and I fell right on my face in that carriage.

With a loud bang they closed the door on me, I felt the carriage moving under my stomach as I was still hopelessly laughing down. My hands were tied, my whole body shaking. I had that fear that we'll find out who I am and take me back to my division.

God, help me this time.

Help me get a better life.

Help me be safe. Keep me safe!

Let me live another day and I'll be in depth of you my whole life.

Let me see sunlight tomorrow again.

UNEDITED