Oral Support - Ghost x Reader [M]

Warnings: 18+, Implications of Smut, Actual Smut, Fluff, Reader Over-Thinks (don't we all?), Oral (Male Receiving), Angst, Mentions of Pain, Reader Is a Little Awkward at First, Reader is Inexperienced, Nervous Knuckle Cracking, Pet Names, No Pronouns used for Reader Except 'You'.

The fact that you'd managed to get as close to Ghost as you had was in itself miraculous. Well, 'close' being an exaggeration; immediate acquaintances, at the least. Friends, at the most. Regardless, it had come with its many obstacles.

Such as now, after your inquiry about Ghost's day, which you'd hoped to be benign, which was met with a simple: Alright.

Oh god, the dreaded full stop.

Your heart spiked, your back was up. Your micro-analysis began.

He doesn't usually end sentences with a full stop - he thinks they're a waste of time. Is he mad at me? Did someone steal his phone and impersonate him? Is he okay?-

You heaved a sigh. Told yourself to calm down.

It's fine, you're fine, he's fine. Stop over-thinking everything.

But alas, that is what we are all victims to when in the throws of a crush.

The word had crossed your mind every now and again, dancing between your synapses like a demon in a church. It made you cringe, made you feel juvenile. Inferior. But you couldn't deny it. In spite of its childish connotations, it was what you were experiencing.

You had a crush on Ghost.

Absolutely ludicrous is what you'd called it when you were alone. Totally and unequivocally baseless. You hadn't even seen his face, nor did you know his name. You just knew that you liked him. And you'd hoped that somehow, somewhen, he'd grow to tolerate you, too. And that hope was being steadily fed by Soap, who'd reassured you during your sleep-deprived, delirious ramblings (of which you remember little) that "Getting Ghost's number is a good sign," and that it meant he "at the very least acknowledges you."

Better than nothing,you'd convinced yourself. Better to be acquaintances than strangers.

You knew not to press the issue. You knew when to stop. But you just wanted to make extra, doubly sure.

Positive?

You hoped he'd understood your message. Hoped it hadn't been too vague. Your phone pinged. He always managed to get back to you quick enough, you'd noted - something Soap had brought to your attention, too.

Yeah.

Okay, you told yourself. Enough stress. Time for bed.

You were about to put your phone down. Just about to. Then, a brilliant idea flashed in your mind.

You opened the message board again and began typing.

I'm here for moral support if you want it

Perfect, you told yourself. Not pressuring him to open up but making yourself available to him. Brilliant.

You sent the message, put the phone away, and turned in.

But something crossed your mind just as sleep caught up with you. It was a nagging feeling, the same twinge of anxiety one gets when they wonder if they've locked their front door or taken their chicken out to defrost overnight.

It made you uncomfortable. You shifted, hoping a change of position would make it go away.

It didn't.