Chapter 12

A week later

"Where did Darcy go?" Harry trills, pretending to look around the room. "I can't seem to find her."

He hears little giggles coming from behind the couch and he smiles. Darcy's terrible at staying quiet. 

"Hmm..." he says, walking around. He glances behind the couch to see Darcy huddled under a blanket, her eyes poking out. He pretends not to notice her. "I don't see her over here..."

The giggles get louder as he starts to walk away. 

"Wait a moment," Harry stops. He whirls around. "Is that blanket laughing?"

Darcy immediately tries to be quiet but he can still hear here sniffling with silent laughter. 

"If I didn't know any better..." Harry starts, walking towards Darcy, "I'd say that blanket has eyes."

Darcy quickly moves the corner up to cover her entire face. Harry chuckles a little. 

"Hmm... It looks like there's a person under there," he muses. "I wonder..."

Without warning, he lunges out and grabs the blanket, yanking it away from Darcy, making her shriek and cover her face with her hands. 

"Darcy!" Harry cries, lifting the blanket above his head in victory, a wide smile on his face. "It's you!"

He reaches down and scoops her up, tickling her in his arms. She squirms and shrieks with laughter, little giggles filling the air. 

"Pa-pa!" she gasps between breaths. "Stop!"

"Oh alright," Harry fake pouts, setting her down on the ground. "I found you!" he says happily. 

"Was I good hiding?" Darcy asks, blue eyes wide and excited. 

"Yes, darling, you were really good at hiding," Harry tells her. "It took me so long to find you!"

"Yay! Yay!" Darcy cheers, jumping up and down with joy. "Papa, you hide."

"Okay," Harry accepts. "But after you find me, we have to get ready for the day. Remember, you're meeting Starla the unicorn later."

"Yes!" Darcy says happily. "Bu' hide firs'."

"Alright," Harry chuckles. He waits until Darcy puts her little hands over her eyes and begins to count. Then he stands and finds an easy hiding spot behind the fake potted plant in the corner that Niall had given them as a joke when they moved in. 

"Nine... ten!" Darcy finishes counting. "Wedy o' not, hewe I come!"

She runs around the room for a little bit, checking everywhere, even places Harry wouldn't be able to fit in even if he tried. After she finishes looking in the fireplace, she turns around and sees him behind the plant. 

Her blue eyes get wide with excitement and she points. "I see you Papa!" she calls.

"Oh no!" Harry says, acting disappointed. "I can't believe you found me so fast. I guess you're just really good at hide and seek."

"Yes, Papa, I good," Darcy tells him seriously. Then she smiles. "I foun' you!" 

"You did," Harry grins, coming over to her. He gives her a bear hug that makes her giggle. "I'm proud of you baby girl."

"Papa, I big girl now," Darcy says.

"You'll always be my baby," Harry tells her.

Darcy smiles and says, "Luf you Papa."

"Love you too, beautiful girl."

He takes her upstairs and helps her get dressed in her "princess dress." It's a cute little pale pink dress with a flowy skirt and flowery designs on the bodice.