Chapter 32 - Broken Bond

Depuis le début

"Oh, my son-"

"Please move aside so I can leave," he said in a low and shaky tone.

"Please just let m-"

"If you don't move then I'll just jump out of the window. That's how much I don't want to be near you."

She placed her hands over her mouth as she mumbled to herself, her face covered in sweat as she breathed hard.

When she didn't move, he ended up going past her by force and she still ran after him.

As they walked down the stairs, she touched his shoulder a few times to stop him from leaving but he only walked faster.

Mr Philip couldn't believe his eyes as he never thought he would see the day when Ms Hudson would be the one to desperately beg anyone for anything.

Seeing Ethan so broken, especially since what he had heard was from Ms Hudson herself, he felt sorry for him.

When Ethan was outside, he opened the car door with her still holding on to him and she was deep in tears but Ethan wasn't moved at all because he was aware it was only so he could have sympathy for her, but he knew the truth and wouldn't be manipulated.

When he asked her to step away from the car, she refused to do so and still begged him to stay so she could explain herself and didn't mean what she had said.

When he realized she wouldn't step aside, he threw his bag in the back seat then stood right in front of her as he pointed at himself. "Was I just here to always do as you pleased and the moment I would stand up for myself, you would consider everything to do with me not your concern?"

"Believe me when I say I didn't mean it."

"You didn't mean it? Had I not heard it, you would've definitely meant it. You know what? I'm glad I heard it, because now I feel I deserve nothing of what I have."

"No, please don't say that, my son. It hasn't come to that."

"Despite what you said to me back at the apartment, I still tried to make myself believe I had a mother in you, but it was all for nothing."

Unable to bear seeing him so broken and upset because of her, she wrapped her arms around him as she cried on his chest but he shut his eyes to compose himself, even though all he wanted to do was break down.

Not falling for her tears, he held onto her hands and removed them from his body, then spoke with a shaky voice. "I wish my biological mother had never abandoned me. That way, I would've never had to experience such pain."

Before she could speak, he quickly entered the car and started the engine as he rolled up the windows. She banged on the windows as she begged him to step out of the car again so they could talk about it but it had no effect. Without looking in her direction, he drove off.

As she watched the car move further away from her, she dropped to the ground and screamed her lungs out for him.

Mr Philip had been watching from a distance, then came to her and placed his hand on her shoulder to comfort her, but she yelled and pushed him away so aggressively that he fell to the ground.

"I don't need your comfort! I need my son!" she yelled, then broke down again as she came to the realization that she might've just lost him.

~

Ethan drove all the way to a road that barely had cars driving by and he parked by the side, held on tightly to the steering wheel with both hands, then sighed deeply through his heavy breathing. Then, unable to hold it in any longer because of how much it hurt, he burst into tears and rested his face right against the steering wheel. With no one to see him, he cried his lungs out until he couldn't go on.