Chapter 31 - Feelings

Start from the beginning

Before he took him to Natalie, he warned him to be careful with what he would say around her as she was still in an extremely fragile state.

When they got to her bedroom door, Mr Philip knocked on it several times but there was no response, which disappointed him since he had hoped that when he had spoken to her earlier, it had left her in a better state, one which was good enough for her to respond.

After he figured out that she wouldn't come to the door, he mentioned the one thing that would, Ethan's presence. The moment he mentioned that he was with him, They both heard the door unlock.

When Natalie saw Ethan standing there, her lips curved into a smile of relief and she wrapped her arms around him but he just stood there, shocked that she was still in her wedding dress.

While still in her arms, he looked over at Mr Philip, who shook his head with disapproval at her reaction. It seemed that his words didn't get through to her.

Natalie's hug lasted longer than it should have and her arms only became tighter around him as she cried on his chest.

It was only when Ethan told her they needed to have a talk that she dropped her hands but immediately hit his chest as she screamed at him for what he had done to her.

Still shocked by the fact that she still had the wedding dress on, he just stood there and let her hit his chest for a while.

When he had enough of it, he held onto her wrists and ordered her to stop so they could talk.

As she calmed down, she nodded several times then held onto his hand as she led the way into the bedroom.

Mr Philip followed right behind them but Ethan asked if they could be left alone.

Not in support of it, Mr Philip insisted on not leaving his daughter alone with him and whatever he had to say, he would do so in the presence of both of them.

To Mr Philip's disappointment, Natalie asked him to give her some privacy with Ethan and he couldn't stand how she lost her senses over him. With frustration, he agreed to it and shut the door.

When Ethan and Natalie were all alone, she suddenly wrapped her arms around him without saying a word and let out a loud sigh, as if she was at peace.

Not there for any type of embrace, he held onto her wrists and pushed her back, gently placing her hands on her sides.

She looked down at her hands and pressed her lips together for a second. "You don't want me to touch you?" she asked.

"No, I don't."

Right after his blunt reply, he explained himself to her and expected her to understand.

"I see," she said. "So that's what it was. Olivia became more important than our wedding."

"Yes."

"Wow!" She wiped the tear that trickled down her cheek.

"Nothing mattered to me in the world more than going to Olivia."

"Do you know what that means? Do you realize what you just said to my face?" she yelled.

"There's no need to yell."

"Will you still marry me?"

"What?"

"You heard me the first time." She got closer and held onto his hand. "Will you still marry me?" She widened her eyes in anticipation for his response.

With only one goal in mind, to make things clear with her, he pushed her hand away and looked her straight in the eyes.

"No, I won't marry you."