20: [iwaoi] stomach bug

sick: oikawa - caretaker: iwaizumi

3rd pov:

tōru oikawa, captain of seijoh, he was definitely known to be stubborn when it came to things. one of those things was he never would admit to being sick. and especially not today. today was practice, the first practice after losing to karasuno in the practice game. the first practice he could participate in now that his knee was better. hell, even getting him to admit his knee was injured was like pulling teeth. but, now he woke up with a different kind of pain. this time, this time it was in his stomach. he reached down and gently rubbed the upset stomach as he woke up in his bed. shit, it wasn't going to be a very fun day.

but no captain should miss a practice. no sir. so, he got out of bed and got ready for school. surprisingly enough, he made it through school the entire day. the key to it? he walked incredibly slowly. no sudden movements to upset his poor stomach. and no eating either, that would make it worse. he made it all the way to practice too without ever running into or seeing the other third years on the team, especially iwaizumi. thank god for that because it would not be the first time iwaizumi realized the captain was sick and had to drag his sorry ass home. it was like the ace had to staple him down to the bed just make sure the man wouldn't get up and start practicing.

when oikawa got to practice, he changed and walked right in. he smiled and greeted yahaba, getting a wave in return. he started practice, it went okay at first. just okay though, not good nor bad. just okay. but that took a turn for the worse when he felt all the movement start to jossle his upset stomach. he had set up the ball for iwaizumi of all people and they had missed every single one. the two were the most insync but they kept missing.

iwaizumi walked over, grabbing the captain by the arm before he dragged him out of the gym. "what the hell is up with you?" iwaizumi asked, still holding oikawa a bicep in a firm hold to make sure the captain wasn't going anywhere. "what do you mean? nothing is up. i'm all good, just a little off today. am i not allowed to have an off day at practice?" oikawa asked, raising an eyebrow. he was trying to throw iwaizumi off the trail. he was being defensive. "no. something is definitely up. are you sick? oikawa, what have i told you about coming here sick? what has matsukawa told you? hanamaki? coach? literally every time you come here sick, someone scolds you. you are putting the entire team at risk by coming here si-" iwaizumi scolded but stopped when he saw the look on oikawa face, he looked..queasy. his grip slowly loosened and it wasn't long until oikawa bolted for the nearest trash can. iwaizumi stood their shocked as he listened to oikawa gagging before he finally started to throw up.

he finally got a grip on himself and ran over, starting to rub the sick captains back. "coach!" iwaizumi shouted from outside the gym. the team had already been on break since their captain wasn't there nor was the vice captain. the coach looked out and saw the sight of the captain of his team throwing up. and it wasn't long before almost the entire time had peaked out at least once only to be met with the sight. "take him home. everyone go home, rest up. i don't want any of you catching what he has." the coach grumbled, walking off. oikawa being captain was a double edged sword. he was an amazing player. an amazing teammate. he was amazing at reading his team and making them play at their best. but, he was sometimes too dedicated to the sport. sometimes he was too into it and he ended up hurting himself in the process.

once the captain finished emptying his stomach, iwaizumi pulled him close. he had found out pretty early on that when oikawa was sick he needed comfort. it was hell making him admit he was sick but once he admitted to it, he needed iwaizumis attention at all times. at some points iwaizumi would call in back up, making their friends come over to help with the sick setter. matsukawa made a killer soup, no one expected him to be such a good cook but he was. and hanamaki was honestly quite comfortable to lay with when iwaizumi was busy. of course the captain preferred his boyfriend to be with him, iwaizumi was his first choice always. but hanamaki had lanky and long arms that wrapped around the captains body nicely.

iwaizumi rubbed oikawas back as he hugged him, pressing soft kisses to his neck. "you're okay.." he whispered, pulling away and looking at the teary eyed setter. "iwa-chan..it hurt all day.." he groaned as if he was dying while he leaned most of his weight on the ace. "okay..okay. come on, let's get you changed and get home. maybe matsukawa can make some soup and drop it off at your place." iwaizumi said, leading the captain into the club room. "the chicken noodle one?" oikawa asked, basically giving iwaizumi puppy eyes. "i can ask." the ace responded, starting to get oikawa changed, helping him with his clothes. when oikawa was done, iwaizumi changed too. the two other third years came in, hanamaki was already missing his shirt at that point. "sick, mister captain?" hanamaki asked, raising an eyebrow. "maki..im dying.." the captain said dramatically. "mattsun..you should do me the biggest favor.." oikawa mumbled, looking up at mattsun from where he was sitting on the floor. "you should make me soup. chicken noodle soup." the captain said with a nod. "sure, i can make you soup. i'll drop it off on my way to hanamakis house." mattsun laughed, getting changed with his boyfriend.

when they got home, iwaizumi set the captain up in the living room. he had his blanket tucked in, he had the remote, his phone, and a few board games. he could only ever convince iwaizumi to play board games when he was sick so he always took advantage of it. iwaizumi had walked off to get medicine and some pedialyte for the captain to get him rehydrated. he returned and looked at the game he had set up. "monopoly? really? tōru, you know that takes literally forever." iwaizumi groaned as he put the stuff down next to the captain.

during their rather intense game of monopoly, there was a knock at the door. "probably mattsun," iwaizumi announced as he got up and headed to the front door. low and behold, there was matsukawa with a large container in his hands. "chicken noodle soup for the sick setter." he said, handing the still warm container off to iwaizumi. "thank you," iwaizumi said, glancing back at the setter on the couch. "thank you, mattsun!" oikawa shouted to the middle blocker. "no problem, i won't see you at practice tomorrow." he laughed as he walked away so he could go to his own boyfriends house.

((sorry for the late update, finals are happening. word count: 1230))